BT 500 Mains Adaptors - Internet over the mains (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Having moved into my new shed a week or so ago I have been accessing the internet using a pair of old dLAN adaptors which connect my router to the shed using the mains circuit in the house. Trying to watch BBC iPlayer this morning things were a bit slow with buffering every few minutes so I dug out the instructions for the units and read that they were rated at 14 Mb/s which is a tad slow compared to what you can get these days which are 500 Mb/s upwards. After a bit of Googling I settled on the BT adaptors which are £30 a pair from B&Q - except we don't have a B&Q anywhere near here so I had to pay a bit more from PCWorld.

The result is they are brilliant. Download speeds over the mains are virtually the same as I got when plugged directly into the router and the extender has the added advantage that it produces a local wifi hotspot so my smartphone can also connect to the world.

I can recommend them, they work straight out of the box, no setting up.

They are number 7 in this review - but the price is out of date, they are much cheaper now.
Broken Link Removed

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Bit worrying that the other half is making you move into the shed.........................

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Bit worrying that the other half is making you move into the shed.........................
Spooky to, by a strange coincidence, what was my office in the house has now become the "Sewing room". A sewing machine and an ironing board have moved in there. Very odd coincidence.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back