Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have the 7 litre andrew james halogen oven which had suddenly stopped working, I have changed the bulb for a new one but it still doesn't work, no fan on not a peep.
I have emailed andrew james but they just send out a standard reply, how to chance a bulb etc.

I emailed them back saying you misunderstood my query, please advise how to get to the connections inside to check that there are no connections loose.
Still waiting for a reply.
Can anyone here advise me please! How to get to the inside of a halogen oven, a small one, 7litre.
Otherwise please advise what other oven to buy, either a remoska or just a standalone oven, we have gas oven but would prefer electric for when we have ehu.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The maker will NEVER tell you how to open it or repair it.. because if you got hurt or injured they would be liable..

my personal choice for electric , would be a mini-oven, several on the market .. like this Broken Link Removed

much more useful and versatile than a halogen or remoska

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Fuse in plug changed, I guess your right, , they are erring on the side of safety, not telling me how to open the unit to check for loose connections.
I looked at the link and I have thought of that but as halogen is faster, remoska wouldn't fit in the existing oven which is where the halogen oven lives.
yes, I wanted a low wattage as well.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Have you checked the C/B (circuit-breaker) in the van? may have tripped.
Cheers, Dave

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Everything working as normal in van. I have tried a few different sockets to test that.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Time to buy a new one , then....
Cheers, Dave(y)

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
Sorry can't help with the problem, just wanted to say I bought the same oven a month ago, what a great bit of kit it is. We've no electric hob in the van so wanted something electric, and at £25 you can,t really go wrong. Will store in the oven, as you said. Remoska is £150, eek! Plus too bulky to store. I've not turned on the conventional oven since I,ve had it. Does my homemade bread a treat, cakes, scones, meat is beautiful and moist, fish, curries, so far. Taking it to France shortly, so that will be interesting. If it went wrong I would just buy another one.:)

Cheers
Lesley

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I contacted Andrew James and even though I told them it was out of guarantee they said they would replace or repair it if I sent it back post free, great company eh?
Trouble is we are still in Portugal until 1st April they said no worries, wait until you get back to the uk then use one of our pick up points to send it back to us,
so I am managing without for a while and I am missing it a lot, I use the skillet but I loved the halogen oven so can't wait till I get it back.
I can't buy one anywhere here in Portugal and don't stay in one place long enough for it to get pOsted.
A good recommendation from me for Andrew James!!

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry can't help with the problem, just wanted to say I bought the same oven a month ago, what a great bit of kit it is. We've no electric hob in the van so wanted something electric, and at £25 you can,t really go wrong. Will store in the oven, as you said. Remoska is £150, eek! Plus too bulky to store. I've not turned on the conventional oven since I,ve had it. Does my homemade bread a treat, cakes, scones, meat is beautiful and moist, fish, curries, so far. Taking it to France shortly, so that will be interesting. If it went wrong I would just buy another one.:)

Cheers
Lesley
We used it in France a lot 2 years ago, 1000 watt max so as long as nothing else was on it did not trip the electric.
The remoska is a lot lower wattage though, shame I can't fit one in the oven.

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
Well, that' s reassuring news about Andrew James service. When they're products are much cheaper than the competition one wonders if the service is poor. I recently ordered a new kenwood mixer that went wrong after three uses, shocking service from Kemwood. Thank good ness for Amazon no quibble returns.

Cheers
Lesley

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
I have the 7 litre andrew james halogen oven which had suddenly stopped working, I have changed the bulb for a new one but it still doesn't work, no fan on not a peep.
I have emailed andrew james but they just send out a standard reply, how to chance a bulb etc.

I emailed them back saying you misunderstood my query, please advise how to get to the connections inside to check that there are no connections loose.
Still waiting for a reply.
Can anyone here advise me please! How to get to the inside of a halogen oven, a small one, 7litre.
Otherwise please advise what other oven to buy, either a remoska or just a standalone oven, we have gas oven but would prefer electric for when we have ehu.

We also had a faulty one(handle switch intermittent fault) after 6 months and in fairness to them they asked us to return the top section which we did and 2 weeks later they supplied us with another complete new oven- Delighted with their customer care

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back