Eurotunnel: Advance info required from 1st April (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

NO! This isn't an advanced report for an April Fool trick.

Apparently, from 1st April this year, Eurotunnel require advance information on the folks they are carrying.
Gleaned from another Forum.

The below links in directly to the page.
I have put it on here rather than repeating it in all the Continental Threads.

Regards

http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/advance-passenger-information/

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It appears that if your over 3500 tonnes then you need to book through their freight service.(y)

It says that now on the booking pages but it doesn't apply to "campervans" which is a catch all term for anything from a Romahome to the biggest RV. We're over 3.5t and always just book as a campervan. They don't even ask for your weight. Ignore the "Book Now" and "Find a Fare" tabs and just use the Fare Finder on their home page. For some reason you get cheaper rates that way.

The advance info seems easy enough to sort out in advance before you go. Just another 5 minute job to add to the list.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Honest, I'm not in a contradictory mood (all I seem to have done recently) but,
if you have a vehicle that is classed as a Motorcaravan it doesn't need to be booked as freight. I know the site might seem to suggest so but all you have to do is book as a 'Camper', even if looks like a Wallace Arnold Bus with twin rear axles and triple slideouts.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Honest, I'm not in a contradictory mood (all I seem to have done recently) but,
if you have a vehicle that is classed as a Motorcaravan it doesn't need to be booked as freight. I know the site might seem to suggest so but all you have to do is book as a 'Camper', even if looks like a Wallace Arnold Bus with twin rear axles and triple slideouts.
I enjoyed your contradictory mood even if it was a tad late....
Just in the process of booking our frequent traveller tickets for this season....

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
This is all a bit late? Shame they didn't do this years ago. Could have checked those would-be Jihadists!

EDIT: Mind you, those school girls got through even with airport passport checks.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Well you give all passenger information when booking any ferry i have used anyway,,,whats the difference ? BUSBY.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
all I know as a regular frequent traveller who just signed up again this week, while easter was OK, got what I wanted, peak summer was heavily booked..managed to sort something without paying premium, but a warning if your going away in summer as I have never seen it so busy!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi All,

NO! This isn't an advanced report for an April Fool trick.

Apparently, from 1st April this year, Eurotunnel require advance information on the folks they are carrying.
Gleaned from another Forum.

The below links in directly to the page.
I have put it on here rather than repeating it in all the Continental Threads.

Regards

http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/advance-passenger-information/

Useful information on providing up front passenger information, thank you.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
all I know as a regular frequent traveller who just signed up again this week, while easter was OK, got what I wanted, peak summer was heavily booked..managed to sort something without paying premium, but a warning if your going away in summer as I have never seen it so busy!
Thanks for the 'heads up' just booked ours and even December is getting booked up

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
And heres me thinking all that information was already on my passport, which they look at when you leave.........
Allan

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
In the old days in Dover you had to queue up to be examine d by both Customs and immigration officers and that was to go out, coming back you had to do the same plus a search of all your bags. At least it was a more secure border. How do three young girls get out without showing their passports or at least being asked why and where. They certainly got through unchallenged?????

Reactions: f6c

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Never have so far...
I should have said "could" look at! I forgot they don't usually bother. They generally do coming back though.
I suppose the next step is an exit visa........

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I should have said "could" look at! I forgot they don't usually bother. They generally do coming back though.
I suppose the next step is an exit visa........

Yes, you get checked coming back.

This advance info is no different to what you have to supply if you're booking a flight. It's always seemed a bit odd they don't want to know who is in your vehicle and whether or not they have correct documentation when you book.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
when we took a foster child abroad they did not question us about having a different name to ours. and she was only 10. but when we came back they pulled us over to check her details. we had a letter from social services. giving us permission to take her. so we take any child any where out of the country. but they check on the way back.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I think it is disgusting : Already bad enough that it is the only country that you cannot LEAVE without a passport ,now the pòkenose scum want to know in advance a load of tat that they can store up . As usual it will only affect the decent & law abiding & do nothing whatsoever about illegals /radicalists/bomb lobbers etc.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Just filled in the Eurotunnel Advance Passenger Information for our journey tomorrow. Really quick & easy.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I'm confused, I booked my tickets a month ago for travelling in May, dates, preferred departure time, campervan, no appendages atop or behind, my email address and my MONEY. That is all they asked for ????? o_O

Guess I fell for it. There is always one :LOL:

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
What another load of bollocks, supposed to take effect on the 8thApril apparently. We need to check people coming in not going out. I have not been notified by eurotunnel that I need to fill anything in yet booked ages ago it is all yet another ill thought out government cockup.
How the hell checking emigration helps with immigration I have no idea and what is the point in knowing who has outstayed their visa etc when they are finally leaving.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think it is disgusting : Already bad enough that it is the only country that you cannot LEAVE without a passport ,now the pòkenose scum want to know in advance a load of tat that they can store up . As usual it will only affect the decent & law abiding & do nothing whatsoever about illegals /radicalists/bomb lobbers etc.

Not an unlike button so all I can say is WTAF are you on about?

May 9, 2011
Cheshire / Vale De Parra
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55
Exp
Since 2011
Had phone call last night from Eurotunnel,to remind me to fill in the API for our crossing on April 9th,asked me if I had received Email with link to complete information,easy to do and I believe they store for further trips, far easier than when we flew with Monarch, when we had to complete this information every trip for years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back