Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
will add to thread once something new comes to my attention. Had a similar thread elsewhere and it wa pretty successful and informative for those interested in panel van campers....

New Possl Roadstar 600L (also badged as Globecar - Possl parent company)

they have been pretty ingenious to get two single beds and a normal 4 seater lounge (albeit with narrower table) into a 6 meter long van, this layout normally only in the longer 636 metre vans. some thing has to give and this how they achieved it. the bathroom narrower, it has a drop down sink above toilet. Shower the usual clever Possl design that extends out into the walkway, so still a usable space although have not seen in the flesh. Also a smaller fridge has been fitted in kitchen unit which also means less cupboard space. as ever its all about compromise and personally prefer the extra length vans and why we have one! :)

but for this who want twin single beds in a 6 meter length its a very clever van IMO

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... rev=search

PDF here: http://www.pfs-presse.de/fileadmin/user ... nblatt.pdf

http://www.pfs-presse.de/index.php?id=130

Last edited:

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
New model from Autosleeper; Stanway Sorry not sure how to put link on. If you go to autosleeper forum and click on "Van Conversion" and then New Model; Stanway

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
New model from Autosleeper; Stanway Sorry not sure how to put link on. If you go to autosleeper forum and click on "Van Conversion" and then New Model; Stanway

:) Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Thanks Judge, I was trying to put video link up but could not get it to work. Not knowing how to do it, all guestwork.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I love these La Strada vans, relatively unknown here, as UK dealers greedy mark ups would probably put them out of reach for most interested in a PVC. but exchange rate has changed this a little and importing such good value....

Nearly went for one last year but could not screw the deal I wanted from any German dealers. It was a bit like walking into a Rolls Royce dealer and arguing for a discount...did not want to know :).

They are costly compared to Possl/Globecar that I like, and they are quality wise ahead of the pack.......These in a different league for fit and finish and materials used. Austere? yes, I like clean lines, but thankfully nothing like granny's living room that a lot more outrageously priced UK so called high end.

Broken Link Removed

4 wheel drive XL model. video in english

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
I love these La Strada vans,

What no oven! How can you even suggest such a thing.

I am with you on these I like them a lot, particularly like the Froli bed system as standard and that "reclining" dinette seat in the video, which is still a belted travelling seat is a piece of genius - would love to see the mechanism that allows it to work.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
euro rate 1.36 today...importing vans yourself a no brainer. people spend more time worrying about it with the what Ifs and buts, when in reality its a piece of pi$$

helped two chaps recently and pleased as punch with the result....

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
What no oven! How can you even suggest such a thing.

I am with you on these I like them a lot, particularly like the Froli bed system as standard and that "reclining" dinette seat in the video, which is still a belted travelling seat is a piece of genius - would love to see the mechanism that allows it to work.

You know very well they will fit one if you want :)

The rear lounge with optional drop down bed above might be a popular model over here...

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
05_poessl_2win_vor_camp24magazin.jpg
Possl 2 Win R 25th anniversary model.

£30k on LHD on Citroen chassis. + extras

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.promobil.de/&prev=search

Last edited:
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@Judgemental

Judge........... JUDGE ! will you stop posting links to other PVC vans :mad: I'm quite happy with my Globecar :D

(but I like the idea of 4x4)............ any way.......green seats? yuk:eek:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
New Possl Roadstar 600L (also badged as Globecar - Possl parent company)

but for this who want twin single beds in a 6 meter length its a very clever van IMO

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... rev=search

Ha ha........ love the bit about 6 feet!!!

This length is for many motor home owners who travel to Scandinavia fairly crucial because for campers that are longer than 6 feet often considerably more should be paid for the toll bridges and ferries.Obviously a shorter motor is also easier to maneuver and park.

I would imagine a van less than 6 feet long would be a doddle to park :rolleyes:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
how do sleep in some thing that small

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Ha ha........ love the bit about 6 feet!!!

This length is for many motor home owners who travel to Scandinavia fairly crucial because for campers that are longer than 6 feet often considerably more should be paid for the toll bridges and ferries.Obviously a shorter motor is also easier to maneuver and park.

I would imagine a van less than 6 feet long would be a doddle to park :rolleyes:

the vagaries of using auto translator :)

green seats optional...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back