CAMPERCONTACT .. 17,500 motorhome stops in 38 (European) countries (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Looks useful Link Removed

Also with an App , https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.nkc.camperplaats&hl=en_GB

I have downloaded the free trail version to try before buying.. but so far impressed..
full version is £4.60

Now purchased.. you can download the maps to work off line ..

have a gander and let me have your views.. :)

If posted before my apologies..

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Benn using the Campercontact app for some some tine. Try also CC Infos, its in French but covers most of Europe and has very good comprehensive POI downloads, accurate and well classified.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It's OK but has a mixture of sites & Aires and not really very many. Almost unusable offline, and concordants are often a bit out. Lists loads of Aires in the UK that are just carparks that you can't overnight, due to this I tend to be suspicious of the entries.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Also in the Apple app store.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It's OK but has a mixture of sites & Aires and not really very many. Almost unusable offline, and concordants are often a bit out. Lists loads of Aires in the UK that are just carparks that you can't overnight, due to this I tend to be suspicious of the entries.

Yes it has a mix.. as you would expect..

not very many .. Do you mean in the UK or generally ?

why can't you use off line.. have you downloaded the country map(s)

did you buy the full version ?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Surprising enough for some reason it is crap today but I have found it very good up to now

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yes it has a mix.. as you would expect..

not very many .. Do you mean in the UK or generally ?

why can't you use off line.. have you downloaded the country map(s)

did you buy the full version ?
Yes the full version
Not many overall.
The downloaded maps are very very slow to load to slow to make it useable.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Also been using it for a while, find a site and click route and it opens up TomTom and puts the destination in for you so no messing with coordinates.

You do need TomTom or another guidance package on the same device.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Yep also been using it for a while, use this with maps.me just put co ords in and off you go all for less than a fiver. thumbs up from me aswell(n)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yes the full version
Not many overall.
The downloaded maps are very very slow to load to slow to make it useable.

how can you say 17,500 isn't many ?

not saying it's complete but that's more than any other app I've tried.. and of course it is not the 'be all and end all of camper apps'.. just another in the tool box.

maybe it's your device that is short on processing power and or memory ?

haven't road tested yet but checking places from home it seems to work well..and pretty fast.. and it integrates with the phone sat nav and routes to the location.

I've checked places where I know there are aires and haven't found it missing any.. seems to be spot on.

granted, it's early days and I will review after I've used it in anger

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I've been using it for around a year - has found me a few great spots that I would otherwise have missed.
I try to leave as many reviews as possible. If nothing else, it's a good record of stopovers...

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It's worth adding that the free version only contains a very small number of sites whereas you have to buy the full version to get all the sites
I think it's a small price to pay for probably the only app you will ever need

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Ah now I see why it is crap today that flippin Scot.Jimland is sucking it dry
It's worth adding that the free version only contains a very small number of sites whereas you have to buy the full version to get all the sites
I think it's a small price to pay for probably the only app you will ever need

I think I agree as we prefer it to the All the Aires book

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I like the choice on "search for sites" site. As it has a real mix of official and unofficial stops, this would suit my drive till knacked, find somewhere to get head down stylee:)

Need to get their finger out and produce proper App. Don't mind paying for something thats really good to use.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
The campercontact POI for the sat nag has got me out of trouble many a time where the all the Aires book has not quite been enough on a few occasions. And of course it's free as opposed to the app data when travelling abroad (y)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Ah now I see why it is crap today that flippin Scot.Jimland is sucking it dry

I think I agree as we prefer it to the All the Aires book

Is good Alan because normally you get a photo with each place mentioned so I like to use the aires book ( French version ) then check out on a Campercontact .

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Great app and we have used it all the way down through France Spain and Portugal (apart from Frankie's place!).

You can use the maps offline which is useful as don't use up data on phone and the reviews are helpful. We wouldn't have found our favourite spot, camperstop Messines, without it!

Kath

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Wish I could read Dutch though !! If no English or French reviews I just have to go by the score given lol

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We have used this for a few years now and for that money it is totally worth it! It has got us out of trouble a few times when we thought there was nowhere to stop . I find it useful because sometimes there are photos of the stops as well and you can get an idea of what it is like .

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I use the main site and you can download and keep PDFs for the whole country you want. Before these on iPad. Have found some interesting places via this website. My moto abroad is if you need a stoping place either follow or ask a dutch camper, they know allow the spots. Found a lovely spot on the Meuse following a camper.

Sonja

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Still very impressed.. have been testing since yesterday by looking for aires and places we have used abroad and it had them all .. including ones used in Morocco ..

In the UK I was surprised to see theBroken Link Removed .. and of course it also has the Canterbury P&R listed..

I have also joined Link Removedand have added one Scottish location that was not listed..
Adding was easy and intuitive, uploading photos quick.. the server is certainly not slow, when it's approved will post the link.. and try to add more..

This may be the only camper stop app you need.. it's way ahead of any others I've tried, both in quantity and quality of information..

Even if you don't use or buy the app, theLink Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back