Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
...... well...... if you want to meet the sweetest, kindest, most patient, smiley lady warden then visit Tredegar House Caravan Club Site.

I had booked online and they phoned me next morning to say they didn't have a fully serviced pitch my size, but would a standard pitch do, and they had saved me a site they thought would be easy to get into, but I could choose another if it didn't suit.

A lovely kind, gentle welcome, from a lovely Welsh Lady.

I said I would empty and fill before parking, and even though it was tipping down with rain the gentleman in the office came out to help see me back onto the pitch as well and check I was alright.

Thank you Tredegar :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
...... well...... if you want to meet the sweetest, kindest, most patient, smiley lady warden then visit Tredegar House Caravan Club Site.
Yes they're both absolutely delightful aren't they? And just SOOOO helpful.
According to @maz (who knows the couple well) this is their last winter season.

Tredegar House site is rather special too I think with the fabulous House & grounds/park & easy to get to from the M4.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Baltic Wharf were good to me too, Debs, and I am not even a member of the Caravan Club any more. . . we can only take as we find can't we..... have met some bloomin' horrible pedantic, fussy ones too in my time. :)

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Have used Tredegar House many times and ALWAYS been made welcome but then, perhaps we are lucky, but we have NEVER met any of the wardens that get written about. Back end of last year and beginning of this, over 8 weeks, we made it up as we went and used 7 'club' sites and 3 'private' and enjoyed them all sometimes staying several days more than we had booked.

CC Brighton
CC Folkestone
Leobay, Sheppey
Golden Grove, Great Salling
C&CC Thetford Forest
CC Sandringham
CC Rutland
CC Birmingham
Briarsfield, Cheltenham
C&CC Devizes

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Debs, there have even been people posting on this forum who have lost their rag and left a site because they couldn't cope with the wardens... :(
Is that recently Joy???? The last few years we've been using cl's but we have gone back to club sites while we get used to the mh. The experiences have all been positive to be honest so far.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
In twenty years of tugging and four years with Moho, I have never had any problems with either the CC or C&CC wardens they have always been most helpful and cheerful. I suppose that if you do have a problem at all maybe its rubbing off from the campers attitude...I am always polite no matter what the issue and it pays off in my favour every time..... Just my opinion.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
According to @maz (who knows the couple well) this is their last winter season.

AH Ha!...So thats it!...They have been pumped to keep up the regimented standard:giggle:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Only had trouble with Wardens at two sites (I keep a log of the sites we have visited, so far 68 different sites) one was the Haven site at Burnham on Sea, and the other, sad to say after a couple of posts on here, was Baltic Wharf.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
situation has improved...Years since we had a bad experiences

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Just met the lovely Maz :) - who is also on this site. If I hadn't had such a bad cough/cold we could have had a coffee together, but I would hate to give this rotter to anyone.

For some reason this winter seems to have been just one cold after another for me from November onwards. I have taken so much cold medicine I can't even think straight at present :(

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
We're currently at Ferry Meadows site in Cambridgeshire, staff very helpful and the site is well situated for plenty of pleasant walks and has spotlessly clean facilities, ten out of ten from us.
:party2:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We're currently at Ferry Meadows site in Cambridgeshire, staff very helpful and the site is well situated for plenty of pleasant walks and has spotlessly clean facilities, ten out of ten from us.
:party2:

Ah! That's good to know as I will be there first week in June.. Any tips on nice places to go to and parking....Roy

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No longer a member, only ever stayed on their sites a few times always met with obnoxious wardens who would be better off running a concentration camp. Didn't particularly like their sites either they appeared to void of any character, if I'm going to stay on a site give me a French Municipal any day.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
25 years ago, CC site at Brora. Wife with 2 month old daughter got to toilet block just as warden was going in to clean it, and was refused entry. On the same day, same warden told another camper to remove a washing line she had strung up between van and a very adjacent tree, saying "this is a Caravan Club site, not a gypsy encampment". Despite that, we have stayed with the CC ever since, and have only ever had helpful and friendly wardens.
Of course, after Brora we learnt the rules, and never ever deviate from them. ;)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Is that recently Joy???? The last few years we've been using cl's but we have gone back to club sites while we get used to the mh. The experiences have all been positive to be honest so far.
Hi Debs, yes, they come up periodically .... so it must be ongoing. I am no longer a member as financially struggling to keep my van on the road so cut back on membership of other clubs than this one.... Everyone seems to have different opinions though on various sites... someone complained about Thurstaton once and yet I thou=ght they were amazing both with me and my friends whose husband had just had a heart bypass. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back