Reserving your pitch when you're out for the day-This REALLY works (1 Viewer)

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
DSC_0154.jpg

The Latest from Camping World - "Reserv-a-Plot" Word of warning though - this is the extra thick version and may not fit in all camper garages but Camping World have assured me that they are bringing out Reserv-a-Plot-Lite soon which comes with a 300Kg lead core to ensure it can't be pushed out of the way because of its lightweight looks.
Ponyboy Last blog:
https://slowponyblog.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/sicily-made-me-an-offer-i-couldnt-refuse-part-2/

Ksagic

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890i
Exp
hey this is a serious issue.....:cautious::rolleyes:......what do you use to keep your pitch safe whilst out and about for the day..??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Madwife

Deleted User
hey this is a serious issue.....:cautious::rolleyes:......what do you use to keep your pitch safe whilst out and about for the day..??
You can buy signs at most motorhome shows - the guy will make them up with your number etc. You could always make your own too with some wood and either paint on or stick on your reg number.

I am sure that you can also get them on eBay.

Kath

Ksagic

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890i
Exp
You can buy signs at most motorhome shows - the guy will make them up with your number etc. You could always make your own too with some wood and either paint on or stick on your reg number.

Kath

I did think of that but then wondered if someone just doesnt come along and nick the sign or worse still ignores it....or am I being too cautious...as you can see am new to the scene..

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Don't think that anyone would steal your sign on its own! As long as you leave the sign in a prominent position then don't think anyone would ignore it either.

Kath

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I did think of that but then wondered if someone just doesnt come along and nick the sign or worse still ignores it....or am I being too cautious...as you can see am new to the scene..

well, it's no big deal, hardly worth worrying about, can't recall it ever happening to us.. but if it did, I'd just go to another pitch , certainly would lose sleep over it... life's too short.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
'Anonymous' signs can get nicked.
We got the dealer to give us an extra numberplate that we put on the pitch if we go out. It's no use to anybody else.
But, as @ScotJimland says, life's too short to bother that much.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Kath

If your that anal:LOL: buy a single number plate on ebay and fix it to a wooden/metal stake....

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
in all my year on the road in camp sites I have never had a problem you pitch is allocated on arrival and usually dos not get reallocated till you levee
bill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Kath
Yes you often see them laid flat on the ground when the pitch theif has simply ignored and reversed over it

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
'Anonymous' signs can get nicked.
We got the dealer to give us an extra numberplate that we put on the pitch if we go out. It's no use to anybody else.
But, as @ScotJimland says, life's too short to bother that much.
But who's to say that reg number isn't yours when you are off pitch.
Personalising won't stop it going walkabout.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
But who's to say that reg number isn't yours when you are off pitch.
Personalising won't stop it going walkabout.
Certainly true, but I think on the whole MH'ers have at least some respect for each other & wouldn't often go onto a pitch that somebody's using. Of course some will because they don't give a stuff.
If it got moved to a different pitch I probably wouldn't even notice - I'm not a very noticeable sort of person.
Any case we rarely move off until we're movin' out.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I prefer the inflatable decoy motorhome method, adapted from the deception technology they used in the run up to D-Day.

inflatable_truck.jpg

Mind you by the time you've inflated it you feel too puffed out to actually go anywhere else.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Best things to leave on your vacant pitch..

Hookup cable
Lounger chairs.
BBQ
Awning mat

Will they still be there on your return... No, but someone will be grateful
I have never had any thing stolen on a site in all my time camping or caravanning motor homing
bill

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Best things to leave on your vacant pitch..

Hookup cable
Lounger chairs.
BBQ
Awning mat

Will they still be there on your return... No, but someone will be grateful
I'm "liking" this in the spirit of fun @pappajohn & assuming a bit of your usual whimsy... But I've regularly seen loads of stuff left, & never heard anyone say they've had anything taken... Have you lost stuff?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Got to a nearly full Aire in Spain and they fell over themselves to clear their bikes/trailers etc. out of the way as we were driving up.

They then all burst into laughter as they realised we WEREN'T their mates who had just nipped out to the shops.

Pays to have a 'different' type of 'van sometimes.:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back