Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Just buying one of the above and wondered if anyone knows if there are any reading lights fitted above the drop down bed.
I know I can ask the dealer but ( I am off to golf and other half wants to know now) thought someone who has one on this forum could answer the question.
Many thanks
Etap

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have the flash 510 and when our bed drops there is two led strip lights on ours. I assume the 610 is the same :)

Off to the NEC in a min will be looking at all the chausson so will look in :)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
On our Best of 10 there are also the strip lights that Spidey refers to. Tho I am going to alter the wiring to make them switchable from beside the seats rather directly on the strip light unit. That way I can have one as a background light when the bed is up and the other pointing at the ceiling for when the bed is down, as they are pretty bright and you don't want them shining in your eyes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The Ford is longer which might make a difference on ferries - on CalMac services I think it pushes it up a tariff.

If you use CalMac a lot (as we do) this becomes a consideration.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Was at the NEC today and really liked the 610 nice design. The salesmen said that from the bathroom forward they are exactly the same as the 510. I really like the storage and the massive wardrobe. :)

OP
OP
etap

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Thanks it appears that the lighting is the same as the 510. Yes it is the Ford engine with upgrade to 155 bhp. Yes Spidey we liked the idea of putting bikes in the garage. Apparently the ferry cost is the same as our last MH shown here which was 6.8 metres with a two bike rack, the 610 is 6.69 metres. Delivery is in two weeks so hope it performs well for us.
Etap

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Just checked and the Ford chassis would push the price into the next bracket for CalMac :(

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Delivry in two weeks, you are lucky. I orderd my kon-tiki at the October show. Delivery April/May. I went to the Feb show on Thursday,Lowdams said Swift are one month behind.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Delivry in two weeks, you are lucky. I orderd my kon-tiki at the October show. Delivery April/May. I went to the Feb show on Thursday,Lowdams said Swift are one month behind.

OP
OP
etap

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Hi Puddleduck, perhaps it is the height that makes a difference, Iwill check with camping cheques who we have already booked the ferry with for our other MH.
Hi Joca, your kon- tiki is more expensive so perhaps more work to do.
Interesting or not the whole production for Chausson and Rapido has already been taken up by distributors for this year I am told.
Etap

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Yes thats what i was told 610 totally sold out bought up by dealers. When we got our 510 it was the same thing, the only stock was with dealers.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Hi Puddleduck, perhaps it is the height that makes a difference, Iwill check with camping cheques who we have already booked the ferry with for our other MH.
Hi Joca, your kon- tiki is more expensive so perhaps more work to do.
Interesting or not the whole production for Chausson and Rapido has already been taken up by distributors for this year I am told.
Etap

That's for the CalMac (Scottish West Coast) islands so it might not bother you at all. Height is no problem, they charge on length. We use them extensively so the extra £50 or so would soon amount to a tidy sum. If the ferry is busy they do check..... sometimes they check on the less busy ferries as well.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We had the last one of the UK stock of the Chausson Best Of 04 at the October 2013 show so not unusual for popular models to sell out - they do have orders cancelled though sometimes so suggest ringing around & leaving your details with all the UK dealers if searching for any particular make & model. If thinking about putting bikes in garage then they will need fixing to prevent damage - we have fitted one of these which fixes to the garage floor & folds up out of the way when not in use http://www.fiamma.com/EN/products/carry-bike/garage/carry-bike_garage/ & can get 3 bikes in ours plus still have the Fiamma bike rack on the back too with a washing line attachment too (y)
$_72.JPG
garage_plus_exp.jpg

chris kingman

Free Member
May 4, 2015
Canterbury
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Hi! Sorry to hijack the thread, but we are really keen to get a Chausson 610 welcome, and would welcome ( no pun intended!) some feedback from anyone who has one?!

As to base vehicle..... Ford or Fiat??!
Is there any advantage/disadvantage of one over the other?
(I'm 6'3" so a comfortable driving position would be nice ;) )

Thanks all!
Chris

OP
OP
etap

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Hi ,
Our 610 so far has been brilliant plenty of lounge area and the garage takes all our chairs tables bikes etc with room to spare, the motor which is Ford with upgrade to 155 bhp is very smooth with lots of power and the driving position and seats are comfortable, it meets all our needs, we had aFord motor in our last MH which was good so we opted again for same with the new transit engine. The electric bed works well.
Can't help with decision to have Fiat as not had one, motorhome buying like boats and other purchases are a compromise, however, I think we have it about right with the 610 Flash.
Etap

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
We picked up our 717 welcome last week in the Ford and the driving position and comfort is first class and with the 155 bhp engine plenty of power ,really smooth drive with no sway on what was country roads at the weekend in the highlands of Scotland .We also have an electric drop down bed fitted huge and comfortable with no movement .

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Stella -
Broken Link Removed
is selling a Flash 610 on a 12 plate/transit- loads of extras 32k ish -nice van