Free Member
Jan 11, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi all , my wife and I are planning a 6 month trip around Europe we have a 3 yr old, I am yet to buy a MH. I would love to hear from anybody that travels with toddlers and let me know how they have got by,my main concern is about fitting a child seat in the back as most MH I have seen (pictures on the net)only have lap belts in the back. We are leaving OZ in April and after catching up with family in the UK and buying a MH we will be off on our adventure.. Thank you

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have replied to this on your other thread..
I think you may confuse people by posting 2 threads the same but in different sections...

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi all , my wife and I are planning a 6 month trip around Europe we have a 3 yr old, I am yet to buy a MH. I would love to hear from anybody that travels with toddlers and let me know how they have got by,my main concern is about fitting a child seat in the back as most MH I have seen (pictures on the net)only have lap belts in the back. We are leaving OZ in April and after catching up with family in the UK and buying a MH we will be off on our adventure.. Thank you
Why don't you send a message via the inbox... top right hand corner .... to The Hutchies..... They are a young family who I really admire. They live in their motorhome and are absolutely amazing to say the least. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
we travelled with a 18 month old and a baby in our VW westfalia early on. they are now 24 & 22 and cant remember any issues that far back to be honest. Although I did have to get seat belt restraints fitted to back fold down bed to take the two kids seats. but you cant do that now days as everything has to be type approved in Europe.

Just be very careful in selecting a sutiable van.....we just dragged ours everywhere, as they grew they got fed up of going abroad at every opportunity..." Oh Daddy! why do we have to go France again!":)

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Why don't you send a message via the inbox... top right hand corner .... to The Hutchies..... They are a young family who I really admire. They live in their motorhome and are absolutely amazing to say the least. :)

Why, thank you, that's very kind :blusher:

We used to remove the seat cushions and strap the child seats down tightly - they were a lot more secure with just a lap belt than they were on an upholstered seat with a 3-point belt.

By the time we were up to 4 kids, the seats became a useful crawl tunnel for the obstacle course...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There are plenty of European motorhomes with three point belts fitted to forward facing rear seats.. look for ones with a Pullman dinette arrangement...

lap belts are not generally fitted to UK vans.. the only ones I've seen were on American RVs on inward facing couches, .. worse than no seat belt in my opinion..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back