Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi All,

Had some problems with one of my important software packages last week and ended up having to turn the computer back to factory settings.

In the process of this I had some technical assistance that if you are not aware of it, may be of help.

Basically if you have a problem and don't know what is causing it you can go through this procedure which uses what we used to call the split half technique.

Click Here

Hope this helps someone out there.

Best regards

Chris

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Could I add, that the best thing to do is when your computer is whizzing along and behaving well is use Acronis to take an image of the disk.

If anything goes wrong, or when your PC starts slowing up like they do, you can simply install the image and in a few minutes and you are back to where you started. Its a great bit of software that has saved my bacon a few times.

You can download a Link Removed(affiliate link) orLink Removed

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
HI Jim,

Absolutely agree with that. Indeed the Lenovo Thinkpad comes with a button called 'Thinkvantage' which when you press it amongst other things brings up a 'Rescue & Recovery' section that allows you to take a copy of your hard drive as is.

All the way through installing software I kept taking images, just in case!

Best regards

Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
In the process of this I had some technical assistance that if you are not aware of it, may be of help. Chris

That is much better than safe mode - thanks.

I notice you list RC Helicopters.

I don't like failure but by god I've failed with this. I bought a mickey mouse contra rotor thing, bit of fun, so lets go further.

Oh boy.

Bought an ESky Honey Bee. Dismal failure. I've never seen bad go worse so quickly like this can. Indoors I've managed a whole two or three seconds hover before it wants to axe the furniture. Outdoors a bit longer but a lawn is very unforgiving for a helicopter flying sideways. I used a large cardboard for take off but a breath of wind and there's no way back for me. It's running costs maybe on a par with the real thing in terms of ££££ per hour flown.

I must pluck up courage for another go.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
i'm with jim here would highly recomend acronis do full backups/ incremental backups you can mount images as if they are drives and copy over any part, even clone your drive to another drive for replacement.

Great software, as Jim says you can get a working trial version or you can purchase
for around £25

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
That is much better than safe mode - thanks.

I notice you list RC Helicopters.

I don't like failure but by god I've failed with this. I bought a mickey mouse contra rotor thing, bit of fun, so lets go further.

Oh boy.

Bought an ESky Honey Bee. Dismal failure. I've never seen bad go worse so quickly like this can. Indoors I've managed a whole two or three seconds hover before it wants to axe the furniture. Outdoors a bit longer but a lawn is very unforgiving for a helicopter flying sideways. I used a large cardboard for take off but a breath of wind and there's no way back for me. It's running costs maybe on a par with the real thing in terms of ££££ per hour flown.

I must pluck up courage for another go.

Hi Brian,

Before you go any further you need to buy this:

Link Removed

It allows you to use your own controller and fly the same helicopter but on the computer and not in real life.

I have a contra rotating HC and once I used this software the helicopter became to easy to use. Bearing in mind you cannot use it outside even if there is a breath of wind.

I moved onto bigger better things and found them difficult to start with but once you get used to them, great fun.

Not had much chance to mess around lately. Photography has taken over my spare time!

Regards

Chris

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Brian, Before you go any further you need to buy this:
Chris

I bought the one by ESky. It must be reasonable because I have many of the same crashes on the PC :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for some better weather this year and my daughter has a new house with a big field I might do better there.

I have to agree, UK weather suits photography much more than any form of flying.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Off Topic I know , But one of my friends made a fair living by taking aerial photos from a rather large RC Helicopter.

Brilliant shots too.

msconfig is one of the most widely used diagnostic tools available for troubleshooting.

Goes much further than just Safe mode startup.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Off Topic I know , But one of my friends made a fair living by taking aerial photos from a rather large RC Helicopter.

Normal one or that oddball 4 rotor German one like a flying saucer ? Now that is an incredible beastie...

http://www.barnardmicrosystems.com/L4E_quadnews.htm

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Normal one or that oddball 4 rotor German one like a flying saucer ? Now that is an incredible beastie...

Link Removed

This was a "Normal" one........:Eeek:

Crikey That's wierd....Ok until one prop or drive fails.....:RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now ....Back on topic...:ROFLMAO:That wouldn't be flying in SAFE mode...:RollEyes:

Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back