Severn Bridge Toll into Wales (1 Viewer)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
TheBus is 8.8m long 7.5t. I am better to go down M4 and cross or take Gloucester Chepstow route?

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Thanks - Yes I had googled and found that, but wondered if it was cut and dried. i.e. I am not a good vehicle therefore pay lowest charge But I look very big and heavy!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks - Yes I had googled and found that, but wondered if it was cut and dried. i.e. I am not a good vehicle therefore pay lowest charge But I look very big and heavy!

I don't believe there is any distinction toe, I think motorhome is motorhome whether it's a Romahome:eek: or your monster (y)but the detail is in the link.................somewhere.:D

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I'm sure that you would enjoy the forest of dean and Monmouth wink,

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I'm sure that you would enjoy the forest of dean and Monmouth wink,

Dick
Now What exactly does that mean!?!?!?

Though I think I have decided to go that way. Its not much difference in time or miles and then I have the hassle of toll booths on the right and me on the left.

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
If it is a motorhome then just the same rate as a car, we live not far from the bridge and use it regularly

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Been through with a 9ton RV towing a trailer many, many times. Charged as a car. (y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Never seen such run down villages, and apart from a trip to The Severn, (to see from the other side the remains of the two petrol barges that blew up).........FAIL. Wondered why the site was only £8.00 per night. :(

Big mining area until the pits closed, bit like where I come from only we pay you to come and use the sites!(y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I dont understand why any one would want to pay to drive into Wales

M5 M50 A449 and jobs a good un (y)

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Unfortunately although I am disabled and cannot walk far, the gov't have changed the rules and if you can manage 30m, which on most days I can then you do not qualify.

I didn't bother to even try applying when I read the new rules. A Blue Badge would be really useful to me and I wouldn't abuse it as some - like an Eastern European man of about 28 who parked up just in front of me in a central Gloucester carpark and happily strode off without paying.

Maybe I am misjudging and he had a disability I was not aware of, but I felt he looked a bit shifty when I looked at him rather pointedly

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
There be dragons and according to @Forestboy ( a well known denizen of the Forest of Dean) there may be bears:D

Question Bertie though is who hung the bear?

Dick

That's definitely one for the Boy from the Forest.:sneaky:.................when I travel through................it's fast!:D

You boys are playing wiv fire ye no I told ye not ta mention the bear:eek:

Never seen such run down villages, and apart from a trip to The Severn, (to see from the other side the remains of the two petrol barges that blew up).........FAIL. Wondered why the site was only £8.00 per night. :(

Unfortunately I have to agree its an old mining community which has no mining left and little else.
The forest itself is beautiful but there isn't a decent town in the area. The council are short sighted and narrow minded and do nothing to encourage tourism.
Whenever we travel we're always commenting on how little the FOD has to offer tourist. Its stunning and beautiful but grubby dirty and shabby as well, even thd cycle trails which people travel miles to use are now not being maintained and rapidly becoming unusable.
Such a shame but its probably too late now.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Unfortunately I have to agree its an old mining community which has no mining left and little else.
The forest itself is beautiful but there isn't a decent town in the area. The council are short sighted and narrow minded and do nothing to encourage tourism.
Whenever we travel we're always commenting on how little the FOD has to offer tourist. Its stunning and beautiful but grubby dirty and shabby as well, even thd cycle trails which people travel miles to use are now not being maintained and rapidly becoming unusable.

Fb...............we went on the DF Railway up from Lydney last summer, it was great but as you say the council isn't prepared to enhance or publicise the tourist side at all. Maybe there isn't enough cash? If you think your bit is rough come and see my home town....................Merthyr....................if you come don't forget your stab vest mate.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

We stayed at a place called 'Hawthorn Cottage Caravan Site' outside Bream. Bit run down, but cheap as chips.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We stayed at a place called 'Hawthorn Cottage Caravan Site' outside Bream. Bit run down, but cheap as chips.

Been past it a couple of times on the way to do a bit of birding.................feathered!:)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I am 5 ton 8.5 metres and ... same price as car a few weeks ago
might I politely suggest a diet then as you weigh as much as some big motorhomes? not much you can do about being 8.5 metres tall though(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back