chester Food and Drink Festival ... solos (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Carol

Hello solos, Are any of you going to this meet? It is one of the few meets that seems to be charging per person as opposed to per unit and so we are actually on the winning side for once .... Hope to see you all there as it would be nice to have a group of us to be able to go for walks along the river or go to a coffee shop in the town as a group ...

Yorkshirefreckles

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F
Exp
Forever
I like your Indian Wisdom! Introduce yourself at Chester, because there are those wives who may not be solo travellers, but who might as well be once the fellas get to comparing vans etc! It's always nice to go for walks or cuppas with like-minded souls.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Carol

Hello solos, Are any of you going to this meet? It is one of the few meets that seems to be charging per person as opposed to per unit and so we are actually on the winning side for once .... Hope to see you all there as it would be nice to have a group of us to be able to go for walks along the river or go to a coffee shop in the town as a group ...
They obviously don't know that you'll scoff double the usual amount of the samples then Joy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Joy thats a really good point never thought of that it's getting nearer, just waiting on confirmation of a Marquee , should be a good meet, we can always have a look around the shops you know. :yawn2:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
They obviously don't know that you'll scoff double the usual amount of the samples then Joy!
Hi Mel, do you know I didn't even go round the food festival last year ... just popped over to their coffee shop for a coffee with a couple of funsters. :) The meet and the weather were so lovely Chester itself took up all the weekend... I find the food in the marquee far too expensive for a struggling pensioner :) ..... and the year before any freebies wern't suitable for vegetarians. :(.

However, if you would like to feed me I won't say no.. :) :)

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
:roflmto::tounge:::bigsmile:Hi
I hope to do the meet,but will not be home from New Zealand until the 19 March ,so will have to arrange it then,
I am a solo so would be interested in some company, Eve:party2::imoutahere:

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
I would love to go but family arriving for Easter and I'm cooking:sick: which I hate. But after that I like to meet with everyone.

May 30, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach-built
Exp
Since 2013
Am v interested in going to Chester and as a solo pleased to see others are too; I have a small pooch who I understand can’t go inside Festival. Anyone else going with?

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Devon Monte Carlo van con
Exp
many years
@SallyM I guess you can take your hound to the camping. Provided your dog is not going to eat me, I don't have a problem with dog sitting for a while.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Am v interested in going to Chester and as a solo pleased to see others are too; I have a small pooch who I understand can’t go inside Festival. Anyone else going with?

Hi there. Lots of funstersincluding many of the solo travellers have dogs and take them to rallies including Chester.
Like you say, they cant go in the food exhibition but there’s bound to be a kind funster who can dog sit if required- as offered above by Stewart.(y)

Mrs Stagman

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Sorry Sally, I have only just seen your post as it is on the old 2015 thread, but no worries many of the funsters bring their dogs with the , and as Stewart has kindly said some one will keep a eye on them now and then.
If you look on schedule rally's you will see the thread for Easter 2018.

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Devon Monte Carlo van con
Exp
many years
I have a lot of experience looking after things that crap a lot, eat a lot, smell a lot, fart a lot, are cantankerous, attention seeking and give you no affection. I can understand my mum being like it, she was 90 and in a care home, but I thought my kids would have grown out of it by now. So your dog will be no problem.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back