Emptying waste water (Fiat Rapido) (1 Viewer)

chirpy

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Fiat Rapido 746F 2006
Exp
2 years
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have tried emptying the waste water which is clearly full but nothing is coming out. The light is flashing on the control panel too.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

:)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Try turning the waste pipe tap back and forth as there may be something stuck at the tap exit.. Or if that fails, try and pull the compete tap and pipe off.. First acertain that they are push fit pipes !! Keep yourself out of the way, the waste may well smell "awful"

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Are you sure that the tanks are full and that it is not just the sensors giving a false reading?

Adrian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi have you tried pushing a screwdriver or something like that into the tap,try the tap handle in different positions,if this does not work try taking the tap off the pipe (make sure you wear old clothes it will stink)
Also have a look under van and see if there is a plug in bottom of tank.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Could be a wodge of hard fat stuck. As has been said hands and knees job to have a look underneath MoHo to check out the pipe work from the tank to the tap. Mine was slow because someone had cabletied it up out of the way and made the water run uphill!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Firstly a big WELCOME to the Fun.

Now, are you sure the tank is full as motorhome warning lights are notorious for inaccuracy and showing incorrect tank contents ... this goes for both waste (grey) and fresh water tanks.

If you are sure and J&M's solution above doesn't work the you could try dislodging any blockage by pushing a flexible wire (net curtain Wire) up through the drain valve.

EDIT while I was typing these ideas have been raised by others.

OP
OP
chirpy

chirpy

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Fiat Rapido 746F 2006
Exp
2 years
Hi

Thanks for your replies. I will try the screw driver and plug idea. Thank you :) That might be a job for tomorrow.

Also, yes, I had just read about the sensor and it might be that too. Thank you for sharing that idea too :)

What is strange is that we can't get any water out of the tank at all. We know there is waste water in it as we have used 50-60% of the fresh water we had.

Any ideas on hoe to get it to release the waste water it is holding?

OP
OP
chirpy

chirpy

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Fiat Rapido 746F 2006
Exp
2 years
Thanks again! The flexible wire sounds like a plan too. Cheers :)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Very seldom that our Rapido does that but if you are near to a tap stick the hose up the outlet. Last time we had a problem it was a broad bean stuck in the tap. Failing that there is a removable plate covering a big screw cap under the van but do not do it in your best bib and tucker

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Because of the recent debate on emptying waste water into roads, public drains and like i believe the Rapido van has installed a valve blocker which only works if you are in a field and after dark. unlike Hymers they are active all the time.:reel::reel:
Failing this try the old stick plastic tubing up and suck hard but as others have stated stand well clear when the gushing (emptying) starts to flow.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Is your van single floor or double floor? Alde or hot air heating?
If single floor/hot air the waste tank has a plastic outer tank surrounding so that hot air from heating system can circulate around and stop it from freezing.
There is a panel held by a couple of screws in the underside.
Remove this and you should see a big plastic drain plug about 4" diameter on the underside of the inner tank.
Unscrew this and depart rapidly else you will get drenched in smelly grey waste.
The waste pipe coming out of the tank is push fit and can be pulled out to check if there are any blockages upside of the valve.
if double floor or Alde I can't help I'm afraid.

OP
OP
chirpy

chirpy

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Fiat Rapido 746F 2006
Exp
2 years
You have all offered us fantastic advice! We'll try this tomorrow. Thanks a million! :)

OP
OP
chirpy

chirpy

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Fiat Rapido 746F 2006
Exp
2 years
That's a possibility pappajohn. My other half said he thought it was already opened before I touched it but we're not 100% sure. A big day of cycling in snow and rain befuddles the mind ....

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
he thought it was already opened before I touched it but we're not 100% sure
Maybe run a bit of water through & turn the tap in all directions, before all the under-the-van activities then, just to check? :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
if you are near to a tap stick the hose up the outlet.

Fire a hosepipe back up the outlet, that might loosen things up.

Having a couple of years experience on here I still cant tell when some of you are joking

Please tell me you don't do this yourselves, or if you do you wait till you are at home on your own hose, or at least use the waste water area hose

You will have people using the fresh water supply hoses o_O

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
So does mine so I disconnected the sensor wire from the 12 volt distribution box. We know when its nearly full as the water goes down the kitchen sink slowly. Problem solved

If i run out of fresh water my waste is full...BUSBY.

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
it could be that the handle on the valve is not turning the valve sometimes the valve handle turns and does not turn the little ball in the valve .try pushing up the valve into the tank to see if valve is open or blocked

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back