Another Email Scam this time for RBS ... (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dont take my word for it but i think this is genuine.
i copy/pasted their email address into google and it does come up with numerous RBS pages regarding personal banking services all in the name RBSprivate and privateRBS.

Worth checking with your bank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't THINK so ... there is NO WAY a bank would send a link in an email that it not actually address to the recipient by name at all, and certainly NONE that would tell you to use a link in it to log on!

I've sent an online message to the 'genuine' RBS advising them of the scam.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
The email addresses will be genuine enough, in that they will be real RBS addresses. But it's easy to send an email that says it comes from anybody.

You need to look at the underlying text of the email, not just the 'top level' bits your email program shows you. How you do that depends on what program you use. It's usually called 'Properties'. One of the reasons that I use Thunderbird is that it's particularly easy to display this underlying information - just press CTRL-U with the suspect email selected.

Once you are looking at the raw data, you can easily see that it comes from somewhere completely different to where it pretends to come from. You can also easily see where any link goes, which won't be to where is suggests.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
We just don't respond and delete them as soon as they are spotted. If the bank want's to get in touch they can either phone or send a letter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back