Anyone at Algarve mh park Falesia? (1 Viewer)

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
hi,

I wondered if any funsters were currently at this site? We tried unsuccessfully to find it today but would like to try again.

Could someone tell us easy directions (avoiding low bridges - there's probably only one but we found it)?

Also is there space at the moment?

We've had a fun journey today, Castro Marim full, Road closed to Manta Rota, couldn't find Falesia. Fun and games ;)

Thanks in advance :)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Estrada do Alfarmar, 8200-593 Albufeira

GPS Data:

Lat: 37.090358, Long: -8.160443 | 37º05'25" N, 8º09'37" W (Direction Açoteias / Falésia)

Broken Link Removed

nice place too, I emailed the owner and he told me that there was room. maybe you can check this way?
Lots of places full around here, it was full at Olhaos, full at silves full at Armacao de Pera. full now where we are at Tavira.

Reactions: Ven

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Room at Silves most of the day (late morning seems best time to arrive), friendly locals including the council, very close to shops, restaurants, swimming pool, one of the best castles in Portugal, the local football ground AND a Burger Ranch!

And of course... FREE.

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We found Falecia but decided not to stay due to caterpillars which could have been a threat to our dog. we are currently at Camping Albuferia, not the cheapest, but lots of space and nice place to hang out for a while

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
thinking of going there in the morning so will see if its full. Laurie!Karen post: 1310247 said:
hi,

I wondered if any funsters were currently at this site? We tried unsuccessfully to find it today but would like to try again.

Could someone tell us easy directions (avoiding low bridges - there's probably only one but we found it)?

Also is there space at the moment?

We've had a fun journey today, Castro Marim full, Road closed to Manta Rota, couldn't find Falesia. Fun and games ;)

Thanks in advance :)
I was think

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
I was thinking of going there my self in the morning,
At marina at the moment room here and it's free.

OP
OP
Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks all. Falesia was to meet friends nearby, unfortunately I have had not had a reply from them yet.

The caterpillars are always a worry, you have to be so vigilant if you have a dog :(

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Heard today that the caterpillars are out down at the coast. None up here which is good as they are very harmful to dogs.

Kath

OP
OP
Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks again everyone for all the info. Decided to head to Alvor for the weekend and then who knows?

I love this life :)

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We are at Pedro at the moment we move on Sunday there is a couple of spaces here at the moment. We should have only been here for 3 nights but keep meeting funsters so it gets extended. Great place highly recommend.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
We are here on
Thanks all. Falesia was to meet friends nearby, unfortunately I have had not had a reply from them yet.

The caterpillars are always a worry, you have to be so vigilant if you have a dog :(

I also emailed them they also did not get back to me.
just turned up on Fri morn, still some places,

M

Madwife

Deleted User
No, he has the box all ready and it's been inspected. Now waiting on electric people to run power cables and poles to site. Could take up to 7 years!

Kath

Jack Russel

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stockport
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Just following the chat to see how the other half lives. How is the weather in Portugal?

Sandra

Deleted User
Sunny but windy in Tavira, 23.6 shade temp yesterday, 9.5 overnight.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Don't tell them all JJ we'll not get in tomorrow. :LOL:

Reactions: JJ
M

Madwife

Deleted User
Sunny and breezy here in the hills above Messines.

Kath

Dec 10, 2010
where ever we park up
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
just completed 6th year
We found Falecia but decided not to stay due to caterpillars which could have been a threat to our dog. we are currently at Camping Albuferia, not the cheapest, but lots of space and nice place to hang out for a while
Hi we left there last week they have had all the trees there treated so no caterpillars on site very nice site,

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi we left there last week they have had all the trees there treated so no caterpillars on site very nice site,

they were in the pine trees walking down to the beach, do not underestimated these little buggers as two people off this site, where I have not seen any, have been hospitalised this week after trying to sweep them out of their awning------silly I know but people do under estimate them. if a dog sniffs at one you may well only have 50 minutes to seek veto nary help

Do not get me wrong we are not paranoid about them I just rub em out with my shoe but some people react differently as do their pooches

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
We were there last week they were there in the dog walk area also on the way up to the beach,
We left after the owner dobbed in the wild campers near to the beach to the Police,
But he took the money off them to service there vans then dobbed them in,
Not my kind of person.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The only time the off-site motorhomers are disturbed by the GNR here seems to be when resident house dwellers (or in this case site owners) lodge a complaint.

Whilst I fully understand the site owner's reasons for doing so, the thing is that very, very, very few off-siters are going to book into the campsites if they are moved on from their "freeloading" freeby or very low priced sites.

Fortunately it appears that several local "councils" have realised that, by charging us "freeloaders" a few euros (€2 - €4?) per night rather than simply sending us off elsewhere, can result in at least some money for them as well as keeping the local traders happier.

Obviously this situation will change once the holiday season starts, when the spaces are needed by conventional visitors who are going to the beaches etc.

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back