Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
I booked our crosing last week for may and i have just found out that i have booked a bank holiday date.How silly am i.I will just have to try get a change of date and hope they dont charge an arm and leg for the change.:worried:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I booked our crosing last week for may and i have just found out that i have booked a bank holiday date.How silly am i.I will just have to try get a change of date and hope they dont charge an arm and leg for the change.:worried:
Is that such a problem, won't be so many lorries on the roads, if that is the dates you want , go for it, we went Bastille day last year , no probs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Yes I have done the same, to return on Saturday 16th. I was thinking about changing as the French may want/need the aires. What are the dates of the bank holiday?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JohnM

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
y
Yes I have done the same, to return on Saturday 16th. I was thinking about changing as the French may want/need the aires. What are the dates of the bank holiday?
Hi, The dates we have booked is Sun 24th May,thought the 500 mile journey would be rather busy.
John.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
they dont charge to change and unless the new time you choose is dearer. you may be able to do the change on line yourself unless you used Tesco vouchers then you have to make the call.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JohnM

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
they dont charge to change and unless the new time you choose is dearer. you may be able to do the change on line yourself unless you used Tesco vouchers then you have to make the call.
Hi, Phill, you hit the nail on the head with that one booked and paid with tesco points.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi, Phill, you hit the nail on the head with that one booked and paid with tesco points.
Just have a shuftie on line first to find out a more suitable date/time and also the price and then ring up and change it, if the cost of the new date is more you just pay the difference, if its less though you won't get a refund. They don't actually make an admin charge for changing.

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Go early and enjoy the Kent area if you can but you may find the journey down busier during the week than at the weekend.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
John I will be interested to hear how much it costs you on fuel etc. Can you keep a wee log please as we are finally getting an overseas trip in later in the year. Don't exactly know where we are going yet. Hope you and Joyce enjoy your trip , happy travels.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JohnM

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
A big thank you to everyone who responded we have changed our departure date to 17th may at no extra cost.:happy:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back