Happy Memories of Loch Lomand (1 Viewer)

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
just found these photographs of Loch Lomands taken from Cashel campsite on the East shore, 21st 22nd September 2014, taken on my Ipad, some fantastic memories came flooding back, of our first year with our Motorhome, meeting some wonderfull people along the way, the waves from other Motorhomes as you drive along, the scenery, wild life, and the freedom , what else could someone possibly wish for.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
we were there last year it was lovely got a job to beat scotland for scenery and im english

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Would love to visit Scotland but am unsure of the best time to go.
Are there any months less likely to rain than others? And as chriswantsaMH said......when are the midges out? :Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Would love to visit Scotland but am unsure of the best time to go.
Are there any months less likely to rain than others? And as chriswantsaMH said......when are the midges out? :Eeek:

May , June 'probably' the best months for dry weather, but it's pot luck..

a holiday we had in July 2011 rained virtually non stop for 14 days , one we had in July 2007 was fabulous weather

July and Aug are very busy.. Scottish schools summer holidays start at beginning of July ..

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Saw the very same tree, dipped my toes in the water at your picture spot last year when we toured Scotland - I could sit there and die and I would still be happy.
Absolutely stunning and cant wait to get back up there.

Great shots.

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

OP
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
In fine weather.. Scotland is unbeatable.. nice photos, (y)

reminds me of home ..I'm from Lochwinnoch ..:)

Scotland needs to be treated with respect, you need to be properly kitted out for the elements, I love her in all her moods,

Thats just over the Hill from us , we at Neilston.

OP
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
I would concur with the others, May early June,as spring is just amazing and September November , for all the Russet and golds, but I must say I just love every month rain hail or snow,
When that, and when are the midges out in force?

OP
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/scotland/cashel-campsite.

that is a nice site.. but the prices in high season are too expensive for us.. , .. 7 nights x 2 adults , camper van with EHU nearly £200

I agree 'but with the new rules surrounding wild camping on Loch Lomand we have no option, but I must say to wake up and sit beside this beutiful Loch , costs take a back seat this site has some of the best views of the loch and surrounding Mountains and is perfectly placed to climb Ben Lomand for a vista thats just mind blowingly stunning.

OP
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
Saw the very same tree, dipped my toes in the water at your picture spot last year when we toured Scotland - I could sit there and die and I would still be happy.
Absolutely stunning and cant wait to get back up there.

Great shots.

Regards,

Trikeman.;)
I could not think of a better place to dip your tired we feet, and let modern life slip quietly by.:D

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We loch stay may/ June or sept/oct as its out of midge season! We toured scotland last August and it was fabulous weather. Started at grantown on Spey for the Harley davidson thunder in the glens weekend and the Highland games in strathdon. Then went to Skye and toured down the west coast staying in Oban for a few nights. Kept away from the lochs as midges are usually in force and no amount of repellent stops them eating my husband :rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back