remapping (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2015
Cheadle Hulme
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi l am new to motorhoming so still a bit green. I am told it will help with performance to have my Motorhome chipped/ remapped. Does anyone know of somewhere in the Stockport area that do this and approx how much it costs. Thanks

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
There has been loads of discussion re mapping, I would do a search for "mapping" and have a read before making a final decision.

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
I've no connection to this company apart from they did a job on my car and I was very pleased.
Give Tony or Stewart a ring at Weldbank Garage Chorley.
Two cracking blokes who will talk to you all about tuning. They used to own a motorhome and are well clued up.
If you Google WG tuning you'll get there contact details.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
WOW Tuning.....

Broken Link Removed

Many of us on here have used them, and they are excellent. I believe they have local agents, so undoubtedly someone in your area. Best investment in my Transit.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Before you use WOW do a thorough search, cowboys in my opinion cost me ÂŁ2000.00 to rectify the damage they did to my van.
You'll find a lot of bad reports on them, if you must remap find a company that build one specifically for your van. These off the shelf one fits all remaps are rubbish.

dickieo

Free Member
Oct 12, 2012
Cantoria . Spain .
Funster No
MH
Coach Built .
Exp
Two Years ...
Be careful , spending thousands of pounds on a motorhome , and then let some muppet work on it , no thanks .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi l am new to motorhoming so still a bit green. I am told it will help with performance to have my Motorhome chipped/ remapped. Does anyone know of somewhere in the Stockport area that do this and approx how much it costs. Thanks
Who has told you this and what exactly have they told you? There are a LOT of exaggerated results so it would be useful to know your reasons to be able to advise if they are realistic.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
first thing i would ask is do i NEED a remap is it to overcome some specific fault or are you just looking for something to spend some money on?

Reactions: f6c
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
What do you hope to achieve from the exercise, ? Is you vehicle underpowered, or returning very low mpg, How many miles has it covered? Do you tow with it. Quantum Tuning are a National Network, found on the Road Pro website, I have had mine remapped to improve MPG when towing. It is 5ton Motorhome. Their work is guaranteed and they will reverse the remap if you are not satisfied.
There are lots of pro/con opinions around, but the decision is of course yours.

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
I also used Quantum and they were excellent. No longer need to change down when cruising up hill in top or towing Smart car. Did mine over 3 years ago and no problems to date. As stated all work certified and they will reverse if you are not happy.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I have to agree with all above. Remapping can cover a whole multitude of things, the important thing is what do you want to achieve from it? You can map an engine to deliver more power, more torque, better economy and even lower CO2 (although if you have that done you don't get a reduction in VED, no idea why not)
You really need to know what you want, what benefit it will give you, and then you can work out whether it is worth it.
For example my motorhome is running the standard engine map that Fiat put on it, and I am very happy with it. My car however has two selectable maps (button on dash), the standard one, and an uprated one. I put that on to give me more power, but actually the uprated map gives me a smoother delivery of power than the standard one, so I tend to drive with the uprated map selected, even when in town and no hope of going over 15 mph! :D

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I also used Quantum and they were excellent. No longer need to change down when cruising up hill in top or towing Smart car. Did mine over 3 years ago and no problems to date. As stated all work certified and they will reverse if you are not happy.
And my WOW update is exactly the same, down to certification and reversing if unhappy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back