My son wants to come to Spain, help please! (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
We head off next week and my son has just announced that he would like to join us 'somewhere' with his girlfriend. He's known we were going for the past six months and tells me now o_O

Actually I quite like the idea but don't let on :love: Just wished he'd not left it till the last minute!

He's picked up on me saying that many of the ACSI sites we've stayed on have some really nice chalets (van not big enough) and holiday accommodation and he's looking at flying out and joining us for a few days.

Ideally I need somewhere I can book that's not too far from an airport. Looking at April after Easter somewhere. By then we would be north of Benidorm, Javea way or near.

Anyone done anything similar? Any recommendations or suggestions as far as campsites concerned ?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Camping Villasol, Benidorm have chalets for hire. Check on their website for price and availability.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Benidorm...
Lots of campsites for you to choose from..
Cheap flights via Alicante and airport transfers..
As Brisey says, campsite chalets or look at apartments / hotel deals.

We have often done it the opposite way,, Taken Grandkids out with us, spend time then leave van on campsite while we fly them home to their mom.. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
When our son does this he gets the privilege of sleeping in the TENT that we always carry 'just in case' :LOL:

I didn't think he would be up for tenting but just tells me he is!

What are the Spanish campsites like about putting a pup tent up on a pitch?

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
You may find that the chalet's on the sites are not cheap!(n)

Best option (which is what we do when visiting) is book an independant flight/apartment deal on the web using budget airline and cheapo accommodation.
I always use the Travel Republic website as it has good deals and you can book very cheap coach transfers with them too - just pick accommodation close to the site (or as far away as you can get them:LOL:) and verify if its any good through trip advisor!
If going to be in Beni - we always use the Mayra appts. cheap, clean, well located and close to all the campsites as well as the town(y)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Same here. Ours fly over ocassionaly and camp on our pitch and tour around in the van....

Looking at after 7th April, apparently up for two man tent on our pitch, Benidorm area would be good, any site recommendations folks and would I be able to use ACSI or need to book with a site direct?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
My daughter, son in law and grandson fly out in May for my final birthday bash. I have booked a chalet on site for them on La Torreta for the week. Unfortunately its not the cheapest way of doing things, but they will only be 50 yards away from me for when they need food and drink :rolleyes:.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
wait for my return and i will check a apartment for ya if possible

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
That sounds a bit presumptuous Dave, don't you intend having any more birthday celebrations? :Eeek:
Its another oldy thats been dragged up. Am happy to say am still kicking though.

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
I didn't think he would be up for tenting but just tells me he is!

What are the Spanish campsites like about putting a pup tent up on a pitch?

We visit my folks at Easter in Benidorm and do same - they carry our small 3 man tent and pitch it next to them, we just fly in leach their facilities and only enter the tent to sleep in...would love to drive over but just takes too much time with work .....

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
Tent is pitched on their pitch...not sure on arrangement but deffo not a full pitch fee......

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Bonterra
Our son and family join us at Bontera Park Bennicassim. not near the airport but they get the train straight to town so no problems. Pete
Heading your way march/April. Will you still be on there, any other Funster on there?

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
This is my old post from last year :). But thanks anyway for the extra comments.

In the end we stopped at that nice little site Camping Joan in Cambrils. We booked one of there very nice little chalet bungalows for about 165 euro for the week. The only problem now is their wanting to do it again this year ;).

FB_IMG_1453804434379.jpg

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Hi We get there on the 1st April . we now have a Caravan ( Coachman ) and a Kia (LA60 ) if you see us give us a knock . Pete
Will do Pete, Not too happy as we had to cancel our original booking for a gold pitch and when we rebooked could only get on a standard pitch. They keep telling me they have waiting lists now for gold pitches. They can be tight on there but we can but hope someone moves or cancels. We arrive 7 march to 7 April but if we get a better pitch will extend till mid April.

See you in the SUN :sun:
Pat & Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back