At the rear (1 Viewer)

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Not had our motorhome long and only had a few local trips, cant wait for the better weather.

One thing i have noticed is not being able to see anything at thre rear of the motohome, there is a window at the back ;but this is relativly small and cannot see anything through the rear veiw mirror.

Whilst the side mirrors are great, very often i can't see anything thats just behind me.

Do others have the same problem ? and are there any alernatives?

Regards

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Do others have the same problem ? .....Yes :winky:
and are there any alernatives? ...Yes, have a rear view camera fitted, :Doh:
bit of an expensive solution though. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Other than the camera suggestion it's a matter of getting used to it - trucks don't have inside mirrors it's all done on the wing mirrors and in the HGV test you have to park with the rear end over a marker about one-yard in depth - the more you use it the easier it becomes - adjust the mirrors and your seating so you get the best view - use your mirrors more often when driving so you are aware what the 'scene' is behind you and wait before turning in case a vehicle or cyclist has moved into your blindspot.

:Smile:
Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Drove vans in my youth, no cameras no problem, but I wouldn't be without now on the RV. Picked up a simple Kress & Boll (?) system from Germany via eBay at around £100, sort of thing trucks (that do) use. B&W, works day & night with sound, and as said wouldn't be without.

Si.

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Do others have the same problem ? .....Yes :winky:
and are there any alernatives? ...Yes, have a rear view camera fitted, :Doh:
bit of an expensive solution though. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Thanks got one of those ;but only works in reverse:Eeek:

I did see this sticker on a lorry once

icon4.gif

If you can't see my wing mirrors
I can't see you

Think i'll see if i can get one of these::bigsmile:

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Thanks got one of those ;but only works in reverse:Eeek:

Regards

It's taking a power feed from the reversing lights. Should be a simple job to rewire so powers up when ignition turned on - with the RV could also be used when ignition turned to accessories or whatever.

Keith

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi,Suggest you google vision uk.wireless reversing camera,monitor replaces rear view mirror,infra red night vision.I fitted one and wired up so that it is on all the time,fitted a switch on camera feed.Quite expensive but very pleased with mine and wouldnt be with out it,:Smile:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have driven Artics for more years than l can remember, and have never needed to see through the vehicle. Its just a matter of getting used to the door mirrors. Also, if you think you can see things behind you, you're mistaken, because usually the window is high up and you will not see small or low objects behind you. Reversing using mirrors is easy when you get the hang of it. And as others have said, a rear view camera is a good investment.

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
It's taking a power feed from the reversing lights. Should be a simple job to rewire so powers up when ignition turned on - with the RV could also be used when ignition turned to accessories or whatever.

Keith

Hey that may be the answer :thumb: If i can find the wiring diagram as the reversing screen is part of a dropdown dvd/digital tv player.

The cab rear view mirror is a waste of space

Regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back