having problems (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I still can not use the site properly (it doesn't work) and its over a month now, what is wrong?
I can see it is working ok for most, is anyone other than me having problems (probably will on get an answer to this bit if they are)?
This is all I get most of the time, ("The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.") or just redirected back to the home page on mater what I click on.

Ralph

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Fine here too Ralph
Apart from someones been playing with the front page and it no longer shows who has posted what, very anoying:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Not having any problem here Ralph, I am using Firefox.
Have noticed that the front page is not as it was, as stated byGeo

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Ralph, you could try Firefox if you haven't already done so. It is much quicker than IE and much less troublesome. It's free.

Phil

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Front page back again,
Jim are you twiddling with Bryans Knob:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Front page is now back to normal.::bigsmile:
Many thanks to whoever sorted it :thumb::thumb:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Fine here too Ralph
Apart from someones been playing with the front page and it no longer shows who has posted what, very anoying:Angry:

I am fine here but I agree 100% with the front page issue.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Sorry to hear you're still having problems Ralph.:Sad:

I haven't had any problems but like some of the others who've posted I'm using Firefox. Give it a try - it's very user friendly!:roflmto:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ralph, have you cleared all the motorhomefun cookies from your browser? Doing this can sometimes help when you have a problem with a site.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I have tried Internet Explorer and Firefox both with the same result and you have no idea how long it takes or how many attempts it took just to post this.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Guys & Jim

Just spoke to camcondor and she asked me to let yoi know that she is still having problems. She has used different PC's different Browsers, different ISP's and even tried to access it via her phone, but nithing works and she gets messages " Server busy"

Any thoughts?

ShiftZZ

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Echo Ralph Dots problem exactly - its taken hours to be able to post this message - I've tried a variety of computers, browsers, internet connections and even a google phone (G1 from T-Mobile) and the broadband dongle all with the same problem - site takes forever to load (if it does), then announces that the server is "busy" , try again.

I have absolutely no problems with any other site I access, either at home, work or via my phone.

I am using Opera at the moment, which connected ok - Firefox will log me in, so I look as if I'm online, but I cannot post a message or even open a thread to read it. IE is equally problematic. Have used the following OS es: Mac OS10.5, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 2000 Server. Cleared caches to no avail.

Very puzzling. I guess people having the problem are not able to get through to tell anyone - as for newbies or visitors, they will quickly move on if a site takes ages to load or there is an error.

There is definitely a bug / glitch somewhere and unless every single one of the pcs, laptops and mobile internet devices I have used with all the different OSes, browsers etc, all have exactly the same problem (improbable) there must be a bug somewhere in the actual forum software.

Anyone who wants to contact me if I appear to have vanished, please email until the glitchy forum access is resolved.

Cynically, I wonder if some of the anti-4x4 lobbyists have jinxed my access :Cool:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Very strange:Confused:

Like most others, I have no problem with the forum (using different machines, OS, ISP and browsers (even on my iPod).

Just a thought / suggestion - could someone who is having problems try creating a new user account, there might be something in the account settings :Wacko:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have merged both camcondor and ralphdot to new accounts, they will need to obtain new passwords to log into those accounts, we'll see how they go.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Got the email link Jim, but password would not reset - however, all seems to be well at the moment after I tried resetting password.

Will keep you posted - wonder how Ralph-Dot is getting on :Eeek: Really odd set of problems!!

Laurie

R

reader

Deleted User
There seems to have been a browser problem about and it seems to be on windows pc's
This pc started on a go slow on Firefox and Opera. I put Chrome on and that was the same. The PC was running ok on all other functions. Deleted Opera and Firefox, junk clean and reg clean and put Firefox back on this time 3.0.5 Not the Latest 3.0.6 and all seems well including the other two browsers (dont ask me how they were affected !!)

The other windows pc has gone through the same today and when I checked it had just updated to FF 3.0.6 did a repeat of what I did on here and bingo back to normal.

The laptop has not been affected, as its using Ubuntu with an older version of Firefox.

Went onto a few of the Mozilla Forums and there are quite a few people moaning about this issue.

I am not suggesting this is every bodies problem but you could check

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
The website is very slow to access and to load pages/topics etc. Sometimes have to come out and start again as it seems to time out. I have no problem with any other website so supect a server problem. So frustrating on what is otherwise a brilliant and useful website.
Regards, Dave

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Nothing to do with Ralph's posts on this thread then???

Link Removed

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Sorry! I'm on a Windows PC using Firefox in Spain and NEVER had a problem so far getting on MotorhomeFun site! So what's going on???:roflmto:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nothing to do with Ralph's posts on this thread then???

Link Removed

Absolutely not,:Angry: We have had hundreds of problems to deal with since we got hacked. We are still having database problems due to some corrupt data and some things are going on that we do not quite understand. We are moving to another server this month and hopefully most issues will be resolved.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The website is very slow to access and to load pages/topics etc. Sometimes have to come out and start again as it seems to time out. I have no problem with any other website so supect a server problem. So frustrating on what is otherwise a brilliant and useful website.
Regards, Dave

You are not alone Dave since we were hacked a few weeks ago plenty are experiencing odd problems, some people cannot access at all. I have been getting about 20 password change requests every day as the server locks people out. We have just upgraded our server but we have not moved over to it yet. We will be importing the data to a new database rather than copying the database to the new server. This we hope will stop some of the inexplicable errors that we have been experiencing. Such as people appearing to be logged on when they are not, membership issues and slow loading etc Oh and ghosts in chat which is most disconcerting:Eeek:

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Now ok after the password reset, thanks very much to everyone who helped.:thumb:

Ralph

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back