Pictures in signatures....arevthey allowed? (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
As a new member I think you have displayed a high level of ability by putting a picture in your signature. You can also trick it up so that clicking it hyperlinks to somewhere else like mine does :p

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
As a new member I think you have displayed a high level of ability by putting a picture in your signature. You can also trick it up so that clicking it hyperlinks to somewhere else like mine does :p

You think because I am a new member here I don't know how to post pictures in a forum or my signature??

Do me a favour....please.

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
I just think people sometimes assume too readily that if someone is new on one particular forum then they are new to forums period. I have used Internet forums for years and on one I wrote a tutorial for other members on how to upload and display images in their posts. This was 'pinned' by the mods. As people found it so useful. On another forum I am a moderator. I just wasn't 100% sure about the rules/etiquette here about using them in signatures and felt it easier to ask.

:)

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm not getting into a 'flame war' over this, as has been pointed out it is called Motorhome Fun forum and I have nothing else to add, and you will find I hope in time that my sense of humour (which I do have) will be just fine in here.

:)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
back to the OP question.. :)

allowed yes.. but I think they should be a size limit..

.. some are so big they take up half the page.. the OP's is fine :)

that's ok on a desktop monitor.. not so good on a mobile device.. (n)

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
back to the OP question.. :)

allowed yes.. but I think they should be a size limit..

.. some are so big they take up half the page.. the OP's is fine :)

that's ok on a desktop monitor.. not so good on a mobile device.. (n)

Cheers.

I haven't looked at mine on the phone yet though- are you saying it looks to big on that??

Ed. - just had a quick look on my iPhone using Safari and it seems OK to me. :unsure:

Deleted User
Lovely pics :) there is a pet group where we add pics and chat too :D Ps size fine on my phone :)

Lin

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Lovely pics :) there is a pet group where we add pics and chat too :D Ps size fine on my phone :)

Lin

Thanks - the one in my signature is actually not our Jack Russell (I got it from a Jack Russell Facebook group) but he is so like him and ours has such a fixation with tennis balls I couldn't resist using it.

The Jack in my Avatar is however Simon our one year and two months old JRT. I'll have a look at the other group too cheers.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Well thanks for the thread.
It has led me to look at mine and I have decided that yes, it was indeed too big and not adding anything..so.... deleted it. Will add something smaller and more appropriate. (Probably my jack Russell too) !

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
now on my phone and signature blocks do not show at all and therefore no photos in signature block. Little odd.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
You think because I am a new member here I don't know how to post pictures in a forum or my signature??

Do me a favour....please.

How to make friends and influence people???
For someone who claims to be a forum wizard you appear to be a tad sensative and need to lighten up a bit. There's plenty of that attitude to be had with the Caravan Club.
I'm sure in time you will get the swing of it (y). You'll also I'm sure, quickly realise Techno 100 to be a god send with many technical motorhome issues and usually one of the first to offer up advise. I hope he's more forgiving than me, first impressions an all ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back