Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We had a mobile engineer to check out our problem of no gas supply
He spent a good hour checking everything he could get at but no joy , as it is a pcv it needs to go up on a ramp to get at all the gas pipework
He told me of a motor home repair garage just outside be I but had no contact number for it
Any one got info on it
it would be much appp as we are running on all electric at the moment
Thanks

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
When were the appliances last working and was it a gradual loss or a sudden loss of supply?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I was told that the rubber deterioration causing gunging was a myth although it is not clear what causes regulators to fail.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I have stainless pipes and my Truma regulator failed after 3 years!
Looks like it has gone again awaiting repair as we speak!!

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
Hi, this dealer / workshop is on N332 halfway between Benidorm and Alicante very easy access,
http://www.caravanasferrero.com/direccion-caravanas-autocaravanas-ferrero/
also another workshop near this but cannot remember the name but it is also on the N332. and visible from main road
Remember the Alicante motorhome starts tomorrow and a lot the dealers and there staff will be involved in that.

OP
OP
chrisboyo

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Thanks for all the info guys
After chasing around locally for a bit on friday with no success, tremybach found what we wanted on the internet then got in touch with Leisure Direct in the UK and we will have replacement regulator delivered to villa sol via fedex on monday, great service, so a heads up for them
The local places were not that helpful and were quoting 4-6 days
When I took the old one off there was quite a lot of evil smelling oily stuff came out of it
so fingers crossed, that will cure the problem
Cheers and see some of you in Benicarlo
Chris

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
After chasing around locally for a bit on friday with no success, tremybach found what we wanted on the internet then got in touch with Leisure Direct in the UK and we will have replacement regulator delivered to villa sol via fedex on monday, great service, so a heads up for them
Chris

Sounds odd here.

You said you were back feeding via BBQ point. So that is nothing to do with the on board regulator. It should be Spanish bottle/reg/BBQ point.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
this happend to me the other year in Beni, bought a single hob gas cannister cooker from chinese supermarket till I had one posted from UK...will never have another trauma valve again, not the first time its happened and when you carry insulin its a real pain:(

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i thought you had the same problem from both external bottle and underslung tank if so how can it be the regulator unless your unfortunate enough to have two go dodgy together can you not swop your bottle with some one else that you know is working

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
The local places were not that helpful and were quoting 4-6 days
When I took the old one off there was quite a lot of evil smelling oily stuff came out of it
so fingers crossed, that will cure the problem
Cheers and see some of you in Benicarlo
Chris

Glad you got it sorted!(y)

OP
OP
chrisboyo

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Sounds odd here.

You said you were back feeding via BBQ point. So that is nothing to do with the on board regulator. It should be Spanish bottle/reg/BBQ point.

I have indeed been feeding in through the BBQ point using a repsol cylinder and spanish regulator that I know is ok as I am currently using it on the outside camping stove
It seemed odd to me that my van regulator failing would effect both feeds but it may be that having now emptied down all the gunk it will work ok
When I fit the new regulator all will be revealed
Watch here for further exciting gas news flash !!!!

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Could it be that you have emptied any gunge from the reposol bottle to your system? I assume the repsol bottle was hung upside down to fill your gaslow which would allow any gunge to flow through into your pipework.?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Could it be that you have emptied any gunge from the reposol bottle to your system? I assume the repsol bottle was hung upside down to fill your gaslow which would allow any gunge to flow through into your pipework.?
You have the wrong end of the stick......
repsol bottle and Spanish regulator feeding into the system via the bbq point.

The bottle is the gas source in the same manner as a conventional setup, not refilling the gaslow bottle which will not happen as the reg is 30mb and would also have to go backwards through the uk regulator to the bottle....which it cant do.

To do as you are thinking would need a double ended pigtail....one end to suit each bottle without a regulator at either end.

Once the doner bottle gets to half full the transfer will stop as the pressure in each bottle is equal.
and apart from that, only an idiot would attempt it.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Spanish gas is notorious for being dirty, particularly Butano. If the temperature has been cold the gunge will collect at the bottle connection that being the coldest place

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Once the doner bottle gets to half full the transfer will stop as the pressure in each bottle is equal.
and apart from that, only an idiot would attempt it.

I know this is not part of the topic John.. but that's incorrect..
you can decant from one bottle into another .. if you remember JohnSandyWhite .. he used to decant Spanish bottles into his RV , LPG tank..

it's a slow process but it does work.. provided you know what you are doing and done correctly it's not dangerous.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You have the wrong end of the stick......
repsol bottle and Spanish regulator feeding into the system via the bbq point.

I stand corrected:notworthy2:, never tried it but saw somewhere in a thread on here a Repsol bottle hung upside down feeding a system thru the BBQ point

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back