come on boys -girlie needs help (1 Viewer)

P

peapod

Deleted User
re a previous thread, re : renewing carpets
have rv with slidout in lounge and dining area, need to renew carpet not the wood in kitchen , is there a way of doing this without taking out all dinette and sofa, and how easy it is to take out drivers and passenger seats ? and does anybody know a fitter in the south , we are in portsmouth, had a carpet fitter around tonight wouldnt touch it, really need help quick , house rented out from 24th feb so will be living in fulltime. The other half is really stressed as it was my idea and he has tried to get carpet out, a real pigs ear. We would be quite happy to travel to have the work done, any help wo uld really be appreciated
jackie

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Jackie
There was a thread on here some time ago concerning carpet fiiting in a m/h - r/v. Somebody had highly reccomended a company or an individual. I cant for the life of me think were the post was but it may not have started off with talking about carpet fitting.

If you search way back through all of the posts (long job) you willl find it.

If this post gets bumped up somebody else may see it and be able to help. Try another post with the subject description being rv-mh carpeting as som people only read the subjet line.
Best of Luck Jim :Smile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Searching carpet in RV forum last thread has a couple of interesting posts from Geo on this.
Sounds like leave (cut round with stanley) sofa and dinnette but front seats will be easily removable, ours are just 4 bolts, and persivere looking for a fitter.

We fitted our own new carpet, OK for us but if I needed to do it again with a newer RV I'd go pro, I never was much of a carpet fitter!

Si.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Searching carpet in RV forum last thread has a couple of interesting posts from Geo on this.
Sounds like leave (cut round with stanley) sofa and dinnette but front seats will be easily removable, ours are just 4 bolts, and persivere looking for a fitter.

We fitted our own new carpet, OK for us but if I needed to do it again with a newer RV I'd go pro, I never was much of a carpet fitter!

Si.

Hi Si
The problem with this one is that it has a slide which makes it so much more difficult.

Jim :Smile:

parkmoy

Free Member
Oct 25, 2007
Funster No
Kustom Sport Ltd, Barnsley, Tel 01226 203347 did a fantastic job on mine at a reasonable price. Plenty of choice of carpets, ordinary and rubber backed. They specialize in motorhomes, vans and cars.

I know it's a long way but you can stay overnight in their yard with a free hookup and they'll even organize bacon buttties in the morning!

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi Si
The problem with this one is that it has a slide which makes it so much more difficult.

Jim :Smile:

Arrgh, oooh, errrr??????????

I'm now curious, we fully intend to go slide in a couple of years!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

peapod

Deleted User
Thank you all for your replies.
Have managed to contact coach and car trimmers and they will come and have a l ook, not really hopeful.
Is there anybody who has recarpeted a bus with a slideout?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back