Valuation Wanted (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Hi Everyone

Can anyone help, I am trying to get a written valuation done on my MH, it is for a court case, and I am having trouble getting one done.
I am based in the south east (Essex) area, can anyone help please?

OP
OP
RollingRog
Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Hi Sandy

Have been to Cranhams before but they were not keen to get "invloved" what ever that means! Some sort of code amongst dealers sticking together maybe. I would gladly pay for their time and I,m not asking for them to tell any lies or that! So I don.t see what the problem is!!

Thanks Anyway:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think what they mean is they may be named as the "valuers" in any court action which is publicity they dont realy need.

as the true value would be a lot higher than they would give as a trade in it also mean they would be showing their buying and selling profit margins which may also affect sales.

my opinion only

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Contact John Cross Motorhomes, they may help. Cranhams wont do it, they wouldnt do ours for insurance purposes either.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I know its really difficult to accuratley value your mh rv. Will the manufacture not give you a book price in a similar way that you can get a price for a motorcar.

I suppose that this price would be for your mh-rv being in optimum nick. You could then adjust the price youself depending upon the condition

What price would you sell it for, what are other mh's-rv's of the same make and model being sold for. I now that there are some websites that will give a value but you have to pay for the service and I woudnt trust their valuation anyway simply because they woudnt know the condition of the vehicle.

Then again because the economy is so unstable its very difficult to value anything.

I have no idea what my rv is worth. I only know what I personally would sell it for and how much I have it insured for.

Actually thats an idea. Ring around a few insurance companies and ask for a valuation for insurance purposes.

Cheers Jim :Smile:

OP
OP
RollingRog
Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Hi Den,

What do you want to know?

Peter

Our solicitor has asked us to get a valuation of the mh as it stands with its warts and all and he also wants to know what the deduction is for the warts and all, ie: mh in perfect nick is £50k, with its warts etc devalues to £40K. therefore defects = 10K, (figures are for example only).
Can you help?

regards

Den

slurps2

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
wales
Funster No
valuation

the only thing I can tell you is if you take the motor home to a repair place and ask them for a costing in fixing all the ..warts extra then you will have some point in what its worth,well thats what I would do,then you can add costs of time in for repairs and loss of use.
good luck takeing anyone to court will cost you £3,000.00 to £10,000.00
unless you can get legal aid

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Our solicitor has asked us to get a valuation of the mh as it stands with its warts and all and he also wants to know what the deduction is for the warts and all, ie: mh in perfect nick is £50k, with its warts etc devalues to £40K. therefore defects = 10K, (figures are for example only).
Can you help?
regards
Den

Hi Den,

To do that we would physically have to see the MH and give you an estimate for the cost of rectification.

Phone Glenn Harris and make an appointment to bring the van down to us.

Peter

OP
OP
RollingRog
Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
the only thing I can tell you is if you take the motor home to a repair place and ask them for a costing in fixing all the ..warts extra then you will have some point in what its worth,well thats what I would do,then you can add costs of time in for repairs and loss of use.
good luck takeing anyone to court will cost you £3,000.00 to £10,000.00
unless you can get legal aid

Thanks for that suggestion, could be an idea! As for legal costs, anyone looking to take court action should check their household insurance policy, if you have legal cover, contact the insurers who will put you in touch with their legal department who will then decide if you have a case, if they think you have a more than 50% chance of winning, they will give the go ahead and you are covered upto your limit of legal protection you took out with the policy, not a lot of people know that!

regards

Den

OP
OP
RollingRog
Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Hi Peter

thats very good of you, I will give him a call and arrange for you to have a look.

Many Thanks

Den

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi may I suggest you scour the auto trader and classified adds to find same year m/h's and prices.You can then show that your m/h is this much :thumb:adding or subtracting for extras.
My mate did this with his car after the insurance offered him only 3 k for it,he made copy's of all the adds selling same model car to show/prove its worth and after speaking to the loss adjuster (telling him to buy him the same car to replace his)he ended up with 5k.Although the insurers try to say trade price -we can get one for this-- they realise that you as Joe public cannot get one a trade price (and they cannot be bothered to get you one)so stick out for a proper value.Do not accept there offers unless YOU can buy the same model for the price they are offering (ie, not trade)Remember it is his job to grind you down and save his co money:thumb:
keep us informed as to your progress :thumb:
terry

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I would have expected a motor insurance company's engineer would be able to value a vehicle. However the offer from Peter is a good 'un.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back