When is a fridge not a fridge? (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
It looks like the Europeans have been thinking out of the box. This design is a little different and it boasts that it will actually cool when its hot outside!

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It says it will cool yes, but it doesn't say HOW cool ... many only go to x amount below the ambient temperature so I doubt that it would go down to zero for the fridge if it was 43 outside!

I've seen similar 'drawer' refrigerators for homes so this is just a development of that but the BIG downside IMV is that it ONLY runs on electric (and possibly only 12v as all it mentions is batteries), so no good if you don't have a way to top up the batteries (ie hook-up etc).

The other concern would be how secure it would be after a few years use of being pulled out and shoved back in again especially if it is filled to the brim which some would do and 150L is a very BIG capacity for a fridge in a MH/caravan and therefore a lot of weight ... even my fridge at home isn't THAT big!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The other concern would be how secure it would be after a few years use of being pulled out and shoved back in again especially if it is filled to the brim which some would do and 150L is a very BIG capacity for a fridge in a MH/caravan and therefore a lot of weight ... even my fridge at home isn't THAT big!

I thought most Motorhome fridges were 150 Lt, or at least available as an option, Last van was 150 Lt current van 160 Lt.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It can be used on 220v..

XL Freeze by Isotherm"Compressor refrigerator with two energy sources (220V, 12V)

as it is a compressor fridge I have no doubt it can pull down from 43c..

as with all compressor fridges, if 'off grid' you will need a large solar bank to keep it going..

haven't been able to find out what the load current is at 12v..

Edit

have emailed asking for the wattage and or the current at 12vdc

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can't find a price anywhere.....and if they can't put a price I have no interest.

Bet it's twice the cost of a conventional fridge though

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I bet you never see one in a mainstream m/h from new.

Can't find a price anywhere.....and if they can't put a price I have no interest.

Bet it's twice the cost of a conventional fridge though

it's advertised as being fitted to their own make of Caravan.. Caravelair. .. so may not be sold on it's own.. and I don't think they make motorhomes..

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It says it will cool yes, but it doesn't say HOW cool ... many only go to x amount below the ambient temperature so I doubt that it would go down to zero for the fridge if it was 43 outside!

I've seen similar 'drawer' refrigerators for homes so this is just a development of that but the BIG downside IMV is that it ONLY runs on electric (and possibly only 12v as all it mentions is batteries), so no good if you don't have a way to top up the batteries (ie hook-up etc).

Well it has got a freezer built in so a would think the fridge is very cool. BUSBY.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well it has got a freezer built in so a would think the fridge is very cool. BUSBY.
Not necessarily ... there have been some comments about the all electric Waeco fridges fitted to some MHs/campers which don't like high/low ambient temperatures and let the ice-cream melt!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back