Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
If in Spain over the Easter week, 3rd April is Good Friday, is it wise to consider booking ahead?

Maybe, essential or not necessary.

Last edited:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Very interested in this as well, we will be in Spain over Easter. Planning to be in the Benidorm area.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Great time to visit. The Processions (and utter devotion of the public) are something unreal.

Can't comment with regards campsites as we were "freeloading" it at an unofficial but accepted "aire" in San Lucar de Barrameda. Must have been about 150 motorhomes in there during Holy Week. Most of the Spanish. I would therefore say that it would make sense to pre-book campsites.)

(Andalucía is probably the most religious of the Autonomies.)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Very, very busy in Spain at Easter. Be warned everywhere WILL be packed

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
The sites in Benidorm are all very busy at the moment. The Easter holiday will bring out the Spanish campers and they will then be full to bursting. Best to make a booking or reservation if possible, the prices will probably rocket as well. As far as I know ACSI rates do not apply to public holidays.
Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Thanks for replies so far (y) Do they go for the same dates as us in the UK, Good Friday through the following week? Or do they begin before? I notice they seem to celebrate Maundy Thursday as well, and some of the ACSI off peak seem to end on 31 March?

Deleted User
Thanks for replies so far (y) Do they go for the same dates as us in the UK, Good Friday through the following week? Or do they begin before? I notice they seem to celebrate Maundy Thursday as well, and some of the ACSI off peak seem to end on 31 March?

Semana Santa starts on Palm Sunday(Domingo de Ramos) until Easter Sunday, so essentially the two weekends and all the week between.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
This site at El Rocio in Huelva province does not put prices up at Easter and is not normally full, ACSI rates still apply. http://www.campinglaaldea.com/.

Pentecost/Whitsuntide is the big big fiesta there.

A long way from Benidorm though!!:)

Looks very nice matamoros but not quite where we will be at Easter, thanks all the same (y)

Deleted User
Well worth a visit if you are ever down that far, some call it like a wild west town, no paved streets all just sandy. Major pilgrimage site from towns all over Spain at Pentecost but major procession with ox carts etc from Seville. Around half a million people reputedly.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Move inland is often a reply I see to this question.
As already stated, the Spanish are out in force and campsites full and prices rocket !! If you like people in late night party mode then a seaside campsite is the place to be.. :)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Move inland is often a reply I see to this question.
As already stated, the Spanish are out in force and campsites full and prices rocket !! If you like people in late night party mode then a seaside campsite is the place to be.. :)

I've seen that posted as well come to think of it, I'll have a look, Thanks

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Its packed at the moment here, and sometimes you get guitars playing and gathering and some folk think that's a lot of noise. :rolleyes:

But they leave before the Spanish come. :ROFLMAO:

We love it apart from the children running around until the early hours. o_O
The site certainly comes alive, BBQ start about 2200hrs, the smoke and smells are to die for, we shower late anyway.........but after the Spanish have been in with all the children, and all sorts of music playing on their phones, the shower block sounds like being at the fair ground. :LOL:
Last year Janie came back from a shower with a big plate of paella (y)

So if you decide to come back here David and Ginny I would book to be on the safe side. :D Bob.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Its packed at the moment here, and sometimes you get guitars playing and gathering and some folk think that's a lot of noise. :rolleyes:

But they leave before the Spanish come. :ROFLMAO:

We love it apart from the children running around until the early hours. o_O
The site certainly comes alive, BBQ start about 2200hrs, the smoke and smells are to die for, we shower late anyway.........but after the Spanish have been in with all the children, and all sorts of music playing on their phones, the shower block sounds like being at the fair ground. :LOL:
Last year Janie came back from a shower with a big plate of paella (y)

So if you decide to come back here David and Ginny I would book to be on the safe side. :D Bob.

Bob, we're on our way this time in two weeks :D then a two week stop off at the Benicarlo Rally :party3: and then who knows where until we book somewhere for the Easter week. So that will be sometime after the Easter rush, about the same time we hit it two years ago...a bit quieter by then hopefully, and we promise not to bring any children with us (y)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back