Good deal for a new HP laptop (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just decided to 'treat' myself to a new HP 15.6" laptop for £249.97 (after £75 cashback from HP) plus £4.97 delivery (it's easy to do the cashback so not an issue). Seeing as my current HP laptop is over 3 years old and has had a LOT of use it seemed a good deal on this one and means that hubby can have my old one.

My new one is a HP ProBook 455 G2 Quad Core with 4GB Ram, 500GB HDD, 64bit operating system and comes with Windows 7 Pro / Windows 8.1 Pro -
you have a choice of using either Windows 7 Pro or Window 8.1 Pro (you choose when you first use it. It isn't a touchscreen but that doesn't matter to me as, being a proper typist rather than a '2 finger prodder' I don't tend to move my hands off the keyboard anyway other than for the mouse!

Its about 1.2 kg lighter than my existing HP too which is a bonus.

Broken Link Removed

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Windows 8.1 is useless for a touch typist! Wish I'd stuck with Windows 7 - absolutely hate 8. Although I read in a PC magazine at the weekend that both Windows 7 and 8 users should be able to upgrade to 10 when it comes out FREE OF CHARGE!

Denise

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Windows 8.1 is useless for a touch typist! Wish I'd stuck with Windows 7 - absolutely hate 8. Although I read in a PC magazine at the weekend that both Windows 7 and 8 users should be able to upgrade to 10 when it comes out FREE OF CHARGE!

Denise
Yup, exactly why I'll be using it with Windows 7!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Windows 8.1 is just useless full stop! I have a HP lappy with it on and its a total pain and actually slower than the laptop I had 5 years ago yet this supposedly has a higher spec.

D.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Windows 8.1 is just useless full stop! I have a HP lappy with it on and its a total pain and actually slower than the laptop I had 5 years ago yet this supposedly has a higher spec.

D.
Trouble is Dave the later systems need more of the resources to work which can use up any benefit you've got with having a higher spec laptop!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Bummer ... the original seller still have NOT despatched my laptop! Despite getting in touch with them today they don't know when they will definitely send it out, possibly next Monday/Tuesday, so I've cancelled the order and re-ordered it from the below instead for £333.92 (including max of 2 working day's delivery); I ordered it from this new company today at 4.55 pm and it's already left the warehouse so I should get it by Tuesday at the very latest!:

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/G6W45EAABU-HP-ProBook-455-G2_1639633.html

The original one was £329.94 but that is irrelevant as they couldn't guarantee I'd get it before we go to Spain even if I paid for a quicker delivery which would then have made it dearer than the other!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back