Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
its only just sank in this morning cos the sun is shining and its like spring here ,that we have got to wait another 5wks for delivery of our motorhome because Fiat are 5wks behind with the production of right hand tag axle chassis:( so its now last week in april,what a pain in the arris:(
Brian & Jo

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I read this yesterday on the Chester thread, really bad news and I feel for you

Got me wondering though what if you were trading in your old MH, there would be age and mileage issues potentially scuppering the finances

Hang on in there, just hope all is perfect on delivery

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Sorry to read that Brian and Jo. It was my worst fear, but we have been lucky.
We ordered our new Hymer last summer for March 2015 delivery and I had a call last week saying that it's built and awaiting shipment.
I hope that you don't have any further delays and that the wait is worth it.
Stef.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We were supposed to get our New pug boxer Lwb van delivered in November. It wasn't made quick enough , over in Ireland , with all the extras we wanted putting on it . Do they said. We've since found out the production was behind.
We got Pug the beginning of January. So if they are slow off the production line, then have to be converted by the Motorhome company. Things are going to get behind. Ralphs converting ours when he's not working full time. So all our plans gave been put back. Our first funster rally is goth weekend in April. We won't be ready . Even if everything else gets finished. The water tank Ralphs fitting is a new kind and not available till the end of April! But we're still going in it.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I read this yesterday on the Chester thread, really bad news and I feel for you

Got me wondering though what if you were trading in your old MH, there would be age and mileage issues potentially scuppering the finances

Hang on in there, just hope all is perfect on delivery

We made an arrangement with our dealer that they will honour the PX value regardless of increased mileage between deposit paid (January) and our collection date in June so I hope Brian and Jo can do the same (y)

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi guys,the fact that there is no part ex.cos we sold ours privately makes it more frustrating.ordered last september:eek: ah well thats life.;)(y)
Brian & Jo

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know how you all put up with it , I can never wait for anything , if I want one I want it now, when you are waiting 6 months or more do you realise that if they change the model every year , that yours is almost out of date when you get it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Tell you what Brian, set up some office chairs in your workshop, balance 6 tyres in the appropriate configuration and arrange some toolboxes where furnature will be.

Then sit in the chairs and make 'brrrrrum brrrrrum' noises.

That should keep you amused for 5 weeks.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I will rent you our double electric drop down bed over the driver passenger seat... Wont charge the earth...... well not a lot anyway.. (y)

And if you and Jo are really, really good....

I may drop it down in the morning`s, and let you out ..... (y):giggler:

As long as you bring Judy & me our breakfast in bed... :moon2: :lips:

"Seriously" .... Gutted for you Brian,,,,, was supposed to be our first Tag Axle meet... :crying:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
It will hopefully be worth the wait.. Our Autotrail was, no problems and going like a dream.. (Bugger, that tempts fate, delete my last ) :LOL:
PS.. Why don't you use their lateness as a" lever" and get them to put on an extra hab battery or rear ladder or solars, worth a try !!! (they have plenty of time Teeeeheee )

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Sorry to hear you got to wait a bit longer Brian but when it arrives it will be so worth the wait. Welcome to team tag. (y)

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Hi Brian & Jo,
Just read your post and am sorry to hear about your delay.
This is a concern for me as I am also awaiting delivery of a Fiat Tag Axle which is scheduled for March delivery.
Am assuming your supplier contacted you with this information and would be interested to know when this delay was declared?
Spud.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Hmmm. Sorry to hear. The very same thing happened to us last year. We were planning on doing Chester as our van should have been early March delivery, it got put back to end of May!!

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Hi Spud I found out last Wednesday ,I don't know if it is just supply to N+B I will try and find out a bit more in the next few days.apparently N+B manufacture in blocks,so many arto,s and then so many flairs and it is not only the arto,s ,the flairs production is also put back by a month and they are on Iveco twin wheel chassis.im sure it will come together eventually.good luck with yours.
Brian & Jo(y)

Last edited:

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Thanks for the info.
I think I will get in touch with my dealer tomorrow.
Good luck.
Spud.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Go off in the car for a week, stay in B&B then realise the MH is good way to go.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Was having a chat with Karl from Travelworld yesterday and he says that their Hymers scheduled for March delivery have now been put back to July.
The reason I ordered mine late last Summer, to get a 'build slot' before the orders flooded in from the NEC show.
Stef.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back