periodic table (1 Viewer)

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Not sure if this is the the right forum; but thought you might be interested in this amazing free software showing properties and much more about the elements.

Wish i had this when i was studying.

Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Wish i had this when i was studying.

It's a different world now.
Probably not better.

In my O-level days I was a geek before the word was invented, I used a slide rule.
I think log tables and the like promoted a better understanding of what was going on.

But other areas I wish I was doing it now, like history ( who wants to memorise all the battle dates of the civil wars ), languages ( surely teach how to order a croissant rather than all the verbs by rote ), geography ( do we really need to know every tree type in Russia ). Everything seems to be dumbed down so I assume these areas will actually benefit from this.

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
It's a different world now.
Probably not better.

In my O-level days I was a geek before the word was invented, I used a slide rule.
I think log tables and the like promoted a better understanding of what was going on.

But other areas I wish I was doing it now, like history ( who wants to memorise all the battle dates of the civil wars ), languages ( surely teach how to order a croissant rather than all the verbs by rote ), geography ( do we really need to know every tree type in Russia ). Everything seems to be dumbed down so I assume these areas will actually benefit from this.

Yes know what you mean, still got my slide rule somewhere in fact my old boss used to use a circular one , looked a little bit like a telescope.

Different way of learning these days boring as chemistry is this little program makes it interesting even if your not into it.

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
my old boss used to use a circular one , looked a little bit like a telescope.

I remember those, twist and pull, though never used one.

I gave my daughter ( her with maths degree ) my old slide rule and extracted a promise to keep it safe. Tell you wot, the batteries never went flat in it. Not up to the accuracy of a £5 calculator though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back