best curry i have made in a long time (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Ok I have just made a curry think it is one of the best in a long time
mad with venison pheasant rabbit squirrel wood pigeon pork as I could not get wild boor
I used abut 1/4lb of each meat
the game I socked in vinegar and salt for 24 hrs in the fridge then 24 hrs in yogurt and milk
I then washed off
Coking prosses truly brown off the pork almost burning it in cast iron pot.
Using the same pot brown off the three game individually till very dark almost burnt
Any juses left reduce to a residue in bottom of pot sizzling hot even smoking a bit.
open a bottle of beer bitter pal ale or stout I am using sum of my dark beer poor in to pan to deglaze
watch out for it splashing.
there is a cheat I sum times use but most of the time I make my own curry Frome spices.
so this is the simple way.
get some patak's vindaloo one in a jar a tin of coconut milk and packet of desiccated coconut
slightly roost of desiccated coconut in a dry pan till it just starts to release the oil
put in to cast pot throw all the meet in to the big pot ade beer til just covering bring to the boil aide curry spice Frome jar to test aide coconut milk and tomato purer
simmer with lid of till reduced a bit put in oven for two three hrs.
I wont tell you how to cook the rice as that something I always get wrong
serve up enjoy

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I'm a bit boring Bill. I stick to chicken or prawn. Sounds very nice apart from the meat you used. Wouldn't All fancy that.
I make rabbit stew though. Ralph won't eat pork. He says its like human flesh. :Eeek:
Though he's never tasted it of course.
I love a bit of roast pork and crispy crackling.
When I eat curry out , I always get prawn or king prawn. Thinking that you can't make a cat look like a prawn :rofl:

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Never tried human flesh myself Bev but I'll take Ralph's word it taste like Pork.:reel::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I'm a bit boring Bill. I stick to chicken or prawn. Sounds very nice apart from the meat you used. Wouldn't All fancy that.
I make rabbit stew though. Ralph won't eat pork. He says its like human flesh. :Eeek:
Though he's never tasted it of course. I love a bit of roast pork and crispy crackling.
When I eat curry out , I always get prawn or king prawn. Thinking that you can't make a cat look like a prawn :rofl:
each to there own just disappointed I could not get any wild bore
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back