Free Member
Jun 5, 2013
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1994
I had Autoroute 2013 on my computer prior to a crash, on recovery it had been removed but I still had the download connection. However when I try to load I get a messaeg "A licensing initialisation error has occurred. Please contact customer support for more assistance. Error 0x 004D302.
I tried customer support but they no longer support Autoroute despite it being only 2 years old.
My DVD of Autoroute 2011 will not run on Windows 8.1.
As I had a lot of pushpin info for sites, aires etc this is a blow.
Can anyone offer assistance or failing that does anyone know of a mapping system which will allow me to put in my own pushpin sets and then plan routes.
Doug

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It was announced recently that Autoroute is no more, finished, deceased.

Very sad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
mgni08C.png

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
just convert your pushpin files to kml files and open in google maps

try gpsbabel to do the conversion. great for just about all gps and mapping formats. plus its free

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
I've got 2011 on 8.1 and it works fine...?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can you reconfigure win 8 to run earlier versions of a/r.
Kind of rolls back win8 to win7 or vista compatibly.

Somewhere in the settings there may be an option.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Can you reconfigure win 8 to run earlier versions of a/r.
Kind of rolls back win8 to win7 or vista compatibly.

Somewhere in the settings there may be an option.
there is the facility to run 8.1 in compatibility mode. right click on the shortcut and its in the menus

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Are you downloading then installing or installing from the download?
I found regardless of operating system if you download then try and install you get that error, but if you install from the download it works OK.

They said 2007 was going to be last version then relented, fingers crossed, wouldn't want to be without Autoroute.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have Autoroute 2006 running on win 7 currently? on both mine and SWMBO`s laptops? It even uploads my OLD <2004 Pushpins and mapping? (converts them) It was also running on win 8.1. but that (8.1) was so annoying, I reformatted the HD and loaded win7Pro instead!.

I know 2006 is older. but it needs no User Code. it`s on 2 disks. I usually use it for planning and then check the route on the "tom tom" which has the latest updates to double check.

BTW. The mapping is all done by the same Dutch company that do the TomTom map's and the American Microsoft Streets and Trips mapping. Streets and trips is still being updated and sold in the USA. So why they have abandoned Europe I cannot understand?

pete

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
there is the facility to run 8.1 in compatibility mode. right click on the shortcut and its in the menus

That's handy thanks..I need to try that as my wifi finder won't run on 8.1 laptop. being clueless did not have a clue what was meant by compatibility mode...

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I had Autoroute 2013 on my computer prior to a crash, on recovery it had been removed but I still had the download connection. However when I try to load I get a messaeg "A licensing initialisation error has occurred. Please contact customer support for more assistance. Error 0x 004D302.
I tried customer support but they no longer support Autoroute despite it being only 2 years old.
My DVD of Autoroute 2011 will not run on Windows 8.1.
As I had a lot of pushpin info for sites, aires etc this is a blow.
Can anyone offer assistance or failing that does anyone know of a mapping system which will allow me to put in my own pushpin sets and then plan routes.
Doug
I had exactly the same happen to me given up on it now use Co Pilot instead.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
We use AR all the time while touring on a EEePC With a USB GPS to trace our route. It has a nice large speed readout so SWMBO can tell me if I am going too fast. And it is nice to see overall where we are. It needs no Data, Internet connection and just by looking back on the trace I can locate that nice parking spot I forgot to put into TomTom. I did run it on win7 but got that same error so dropped the EeePC back to XP and it is nice and stable. Although I run it on win7 on the LapTop for planning with no problems "YET". Out of Interest I had to re-install it after re-installing win7 on the laptop one it activated OK.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have Autoroute 2006 running on win 7 currently? on both mine and SWMBO`s laptops? It even uploads my OLD <2004 Pushpins and mapping? (converts them) It was also running on win 8.1. but that (8.1) was so annoying, I reformatted the HD and loaded win7Pro instead!.

I know 2006 is older. but it needs no User Code. it`s on 2 disks. I usually use it for planning and then check the route on the "tom tom" which has the latest updates to double check.

BTW. The mapping is all done by the same Dutch company that do the TomTom map's and the American Microsoft Streets and Trips mapping. Streets and trips is still being updated and sold in the USA. So why they have abandoned Europe I cannot understand?

pete
If running an older version you can update it to the latest map by replacing the two map files in the data folder.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
If you have your OEM number (activation code), download free trail and when set up it will ask for activation code just put code in.

OP
OP
S

Starburst2

Free Member
Jun 5, 2013
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1994
Thank you to everyone who replied, I seem to have many options to try. I will get back and report when I have worked through them.
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back