Possessions Are Chains That Hold You Down... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
"Unleash The Energy Trapped In Your Stuff."

20150201_121537.jpg

20150201_121616.jpg

Just need to do a little sorting out...

JJ :cool:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ah, man stuff! Well I keep mine in the shed at home but if you are a liver then it's in the right place, in the shed out back. (y)

Reactions: JJ
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Don't hide the little genny I can see next to its big bros!.... You don't really need to find a definite room for that one in Hymer's garage .... I've got its place sorted in Max!:p;)...or nearly!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
looks like somebody is fly tipping by your hymer JJ:LOL:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Loads of stuff,3 Gennys? ?? Good job you have a big payload!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Note to self:

When I next visit Portugal if I ever need to borrow absolutely anything at all

Ask JJ :LOL::D

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Can't believe the three gennys - we manage very well with two leisure batteries - what on earth are you running and do you really need it? Seems an awful lot of weight to carry, not to mention the space taken up or the hassle of repacking the boot every time you decide to use one of them. However, each to his own but we prefer our motorhoming to be as uncomplicated as possible - it's much more relaxing. There is, of course, an ulterior motive: the less luggage room taken up by unnecessary equipment, the more room there is for cases of wine on the way home! Happy motorhoming.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Can't believe the three gennys - we manage very well with two leisure batteries - what on earth are you running and do you really need it? Seems an awful lot of weight to carry, not to mention the space taken up or the hassle of repacking the boot every time you decide to use one of them. However, each to his own but we prefer our motorhoming to be as uncomplicated as possible - it's much more relaxing. There is, of course, an ulterior motive: the less luggage room taken up by unnecessary equipment, the more room there is for cases of wine on the way home! Happy motorhoming.

Thank you very much Mr Huwmari for the interest shown in my motorhoming life.

As someone who has lived full time in his motorhome for over thirty years I have just about got my needs sorted out!

Please don't worry about the weight of my van... I have never weighed any of my vans and neither has anyone else.

I am not carrying three gennies because I use three gennys... the rare time I use my (new to me) genny for pie cooking, I do NOT have to do any unpacking or repacking of my boot. (I have more than one door into my boot.)

I don't know anyone with a more relaxed motorhoming life than me. :rofl:

Every single item in my Classic Hymer 660S plays a vital role. I have no need to carry around "large" quantities of wine as I definitely have no desire what so ever to reduce the already depleted number of my brain cells by killing them with alcohol.

I don't use my motor home for holidays... I use it to live in.

Actually I am wrong again... every day is a holiday in my life!

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh gawd......must have been reading jack reacher novels, probably found in a dust bin somewhere.:giggle:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Oh gawd......must have been reading jack reacher novels, probably found in a dust bin somewhere.:giggle:

Reading Jack Reacher "BOOKS" from a dust bin!!!!!

How Yesterday!

All my reading is done on the Kindle App on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smart phone. ;)

Last edited:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp

I had a little clear-out of my tool locker recently.
As well as three full socket sets and four crowbars, I found that we had two 6lb sledgehammers.
I'm wondering if this is excessive.

And does everyone else carry a Flymo?

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
I see you soon got bored after leaving Beni JJ.
Alan

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I agree with everything you say JJ, but why 3 gennys?

As JJ has no internet right now , I give you some sort of answer!

First of all: he usually has 2 gennies, one tiny one, and a big one! But as he was supposed to collect a real big one taken down to Portugal by his friend Billy he left HIS biggy one in his old beast and only took the little one ... which is going to be mine soon;):p ... that will be 0 when he will give it to me but still one right now!
Now ... when he got the very big one, it happened to be a bit of a disappointment. So his mate Bill gave him another one instead (so now 2!)
On his way for some reason I forgot , someone else gave him another one... not expected at all!!!
Anyway this is how he got 3!
Nothing really extraordinary! Just coincidence!

BTW .. I hope you are really enjoying your fulltiming! Is your van repaired ...I lost the thread of the story!

Amicalement

Frankie:)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
So in a nut shell - his big one was a flop and a disappointment, he got a new big one (yippie) and then another just in case. Happy days Frankie!!:whistle2::imoutahere:

We are loving our full timing thanks but the repairs on the van were a bit eye watering, it could have been so much worse if the cam-belt had snapped. We are going to Mustafa's in Agadir to have some more work done as poor Dora needs a bit more TLC to keep her looking her best.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Reading Jack Reacher "BOOKS" from a dust bin!!!!!

How Yesterday!

All my reading is done on the Kindle App on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smart phone. ;)

Probably downloaded illegallylol

Well you have some way to go to get to the freedom of jack reacher who travels with just a tooth brush, and not even a change of clothes.

A long way off indeed!:giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back