LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, got a lttle bit of water ingress above cab door on new van (A class) dealer says to bring it in and they will check and reseal. What i want to know is what about any water in there? Will it dry out and be OK once re sealed? Is there anything I need to watch out for? Van still has 2 1/2 years warranty left on it. Thanks for any help. :Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Is it the actual drivers/passengers door that the water is coming in or above?

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Coming in from roof edging and working it's way through.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi any chance of a pic? then further advise will be easier to determine what is needed
terry

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I would want this noted formally Ken, in your service history or somewhere just in case it springs up again later in life.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Coming in from roof edging and working it's way through.

Is it the habitation door or driver/passenger door?

If it is the habitation door I would be inclined to have a look at the seal between the roof & sides,,

But as Terry say`s a photo would be helpful.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Looking at your avitar Photo,, if the leak is above the habitation door,, what is the little black thing above right of the door?? presuming this is your MH that has the problem,,

It`s hard to see,, is it an awning bracket or a side marker light?

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, no that's the old van. I haven't got a pic yet but the van is here... Link Removed

If you can imagine the other side, you can see the grey runner along the top. Above the cab door there is a joint in it and that is where the water is getting in. Due for resealing on Monday. Just been today and all is now bone dry. ::bigsmile: Have no qualms with the dealer just me panicking :Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi ksebruce,If you mean the big thick grey bit that covers the join between the roof and side wall ? then this needs to be taken off .cleaned and resealed completely :Eeek::thumb:
Of course they may well just seal down the edge IF you accept this :ROFLMAO::Sad::winky:It could well be that is what they do in manufacture,sit it on dry and seal edges ??? but for me that is just asking for trouble :Eeek:Much better to seal join then squash the cover onto seal and clean off excess :thumb::thumb:You need to examine the interior for sighs of damp carefully as you do not know how much water has got in :thumb:If the walls are covered with vinyl type wash down boards then it will take a very long time to dry the inside,but if they are the wood veneer type they only take a few days with the heat on.Hope you can understand my meanings and hopefully it should be OK :thumb:
terry

Mrs Munchie

Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi ksebruce,If you mean the big thick grey bit that covers the join between the roof and side wall ? then this needs to be taken off .cleaned and resealed completely :Eeek::thumb:
Of course they may well just seal down the edge IF you accept this :ROFLMAO::Sad::winky:It could well be that is what they do in manufacture,sit it on dry and seal edges ??? but for me that is just asking for trouble :Eeek:Much better to seal join then squash the cover onto seal and clean off excess :thumb::thumb:You need to examine the interior for sighs of damp carefully as you do not know how much water has got in :thumb:If the walls are covered with vinyl type wash down boards then it will take a very long time to dry the inside,but if they are the wood veneer type they only take a few days with the heat on.Hope you can understand my meanings and hopefully it should be OK :thumb:
terry

Hi Terry, you got it in one. The dealer says they will take cover off reseal and replace. There is no sign of sealant on the edges. Feel much happier now. Dealer also says if there is any problem with water already in there then there will be signs of swelling and there is none. He says if anything developes then they will rectify. To be fair I am well impressed with Midgleys as I said just me panicking it's a lot of money to us and I can't afford another one. :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi,it sounds like your dealer is looking after you :thumb: but check his work :winky: and watch for swelling ::bigsmile: nice to hear someone is happy for a change.:ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back