Hand-held gps "Explorist 310"! Help? (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
This is probably the wrong sort of equipment for this thread grouping but I will give it a try..

I have the above mentioned gadget, which is mainly aimed at people who geo-cache etc. For that purpose, I think it will probably do a good job - I haven't tried it yet!

However, I am interested in mainly using it as a non-geocaching gps so that it points me towards any other location that I happen to be interested in. eg: I may want to visit a location where someone has kindly given me its co-ordinates.

This is frustratingly where my "issues" begin.
I am correctly manually inputting the co-ords given to me and storing them as saved waypoints and then selecting one of them as the point to where I need to aim. BUT, the gadget does not give me the option of "Go" or "Go to" when I have selected a destination and so I cannot instruct it to route me there. Aaaargh! Emails to Magellan Support are increasing my frustrations because they keep insisting that I press the "Go" icon from the Waypoints option. I DON'T BL##*Y HAVE ONE !!!
(Funnily enough, there is a "Go" option if I select a Geo-cache destination from the appropriate "Geocaches" icon, but I won't always want to route to a geo-cache. Surely I can route to any other place of my choosing can't I?)

I assume there must be a simple solution. Does anyone in MHFunworld have such a gadget and can guide me please?

Thanks for listening!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
is it possible to plan a route to a geocache VIA wherever you actually want to go? (then obviously don't go on to the cache-point :D which may in any case be many miles away ... unless you need to go shopping of course)

OP
OP
sciac2001
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Nice theory thanks... however, I'm a tad peeved that it can't seem to do a simple stand-alone "go-to" function.
Cheers!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
I use a Garmin gps for mountan biking. I'm assuming the Magellan is similar that to navigate it must have a base map. They are really designed to have a "breadcrumbs " trail loaded from mapping software. I use Tracklogs. Then the unit can be set to follow the track.

OP
OP
sciac2001
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Thank you for your inputs. (no pun intended.)
Spoke with Magellan Support on their webchat and they have shown me how to set the destination up. their method is completely different to the one shown on their User Manual. No wonder I struggled.
Pretty poor really but hey, I think I'm sorted. (All I have to do now is recall how they told me to do it.)
Thanks again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: CWH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back