Data roaming Sim Spain and Portugal (1 Viewer)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Have looked at other threads and it seems that KnowHow is the one to go for for Spain and Portugal, but my question is - is it better to buy the sim here in the UK before we go, or to buy a local one in Spain and Portugal when we get there - just bought an Apple Ipad with sim card so want to be able to use it when we get there.

Goronwy

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Varies
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2008
Have looked at other threads and it seems that KnowHow is the one to go for for Spain and Portugal, but my question is - is it better to buy the sim here in the UK before we go, or to buy a local one in Spain and Portugal when we get there - just bought an Apple Ipad with sim card so want to be able to use it when we get there.

Goronwy

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Varies
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2008
Where is SIM card located on Apple I pad?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think its on the side - haven't looked that closely yet!

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
I've just ordered a mifi from Motorhome Wifi for when we are in Spain, Portugal, France etc etc which is where we are most of the year.
Does anyone know if the pay-as-you-go SIMs available in these countries have a time limit as well as a usage limit>?
Thanks

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Mine isn't 3G ,does that mean I don't have a SIM card,I just can't see where it might be.
I think so - we specifically bought the Cellular' ipad which meant it had the facility for putting a sim card in.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
If you are coming to the Algarve. There is a thing called Algarve Wireless. €20 a month excellent download Speed unlimited downloads.
I use knowhow at the moment but going into Spain shortly. Not much good there.
I'll be looking to buy a Spanish sim there.

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
If you are coming to the Algarve. There is a thing called Algarve Wireless. €20 a month excellent download Speed unlimited downloads.
I use knowhow at the moment but going into Spain shortly. Not much good there.
I'll be looking to buy a Spanish sim there.
Thanks for that - sounds great. I read earlier today on a thread that Knowhow was good for Portugal and Spain so you may be OK.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Didn't work at all coming off the ferry at Santander, imediately we hit the portuguese border it worked.
We'll try it in spain on our way back as we're coming back up through spain but if no joy I'll cancel it. 3 days notice I was told today on the phone.
I thought it was 30 days.
Can't reinstate it though. Has to be a new one if I want it again. £29.99 for a new sim card. Its a Lot of money for a liccle sim card! !!!

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Didn't work at all coming off the ferry at Santander, imediately we hit the portuguese border it worked.
We'll try it in spain on our way back as we're coming back up through spain but if no joy I'll cancel it. 3 days notice I was told today on the phone.
I thought it was 30 days.
Can't reinstate it though. Has to be a new one if I want it again. £29.99 for a new sim card. Its a Lot of money for a liccle sim card! !!!
So going by that, would you say it's better just to get a local sim card from whichever country you're in.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I would from now on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun