Milenco Motorhome Cab Door Locks (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If its in place and locked you have the issue of rapid exit if needed.

A cosmetic version of a chain and padlock between door handles.

And at £69 they are overpriced by about £40.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Details of my "anything similar" Here. As the text says, not my original idea. They can be locked but on the few occasions we've used them we haven't bothered as it is not obvious from outside what is stopping the door from opening.

Last time I looked, Screwfix no longer sold them but similar ones are available from various other sources and they are a lot cheaper than the Milenco ones.

If anyone is interested they can look at them at Peterborough.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
If you want them for a Fiat/Peugeot X250 I have a brand new set of these for sale for £40 inc postage.

Broken Link Removed

The description on some sites claims they use existing fittings and need no drilling but that is wrong, if you look at the photo its obvious they need screwing to the door

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have fitted a couple of those domestic window locks with the cable that locks into a catch on door frame,,,£7.50 each,,,,does the job and neat. BUSBY

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Remis blind surround gets in the way for me.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have the Milenco ones fitted & look ok as match Transit cab interior, fit & work well but tend to use them flipped shut but unlocked when we are in the motorhome & only lock them when leaving it unattended. Have to be careful not to lock them by accident though as push to locked position is very easily. Be careful when fitting though - make sure that fitting position is right & will work correctly as once fitted they can't be removed !
We looked at all the ones available & their reviews online as well as on this forum & chose Milenco as the best option for us. We did like the look of the HEOSolutions ones but couldn't justify the extra cost - since then have bought the HEOSafe lock (for hab door), HEOSdoor mat (cab step footwells), HEOSwater connnector (easy fill with hose) & are impressed with their products.

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If you want them for a Fiat/Peugeot X250 I have a brand new set of these for sale for £40 inc postage.

Broken Link Removed

The description on some sites claims they use existing fittings and need no drilling but that is wrong, if you look at the photo its obvious they need screwing to the door
If these are still available I would be interested please.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi Jim
Great result on Friday by the way!

I fitted Milenco door locks to my motorhome.
I was looking at Heosafe locks which fit into the shape of the removed corner of the door trim on my Ducato, but after taking into account the thickness of the trim around the inside of the B post and, looking at Heosafe's lock barrel length, it looked like they wouldn't fit without cutting into the trim - which I didn't want to do.
I therefore opted for these Milenco locks, which stood proud more, so would clear the trim on the B post more easily. Plus, they were a bit cheaper.
Fitting was easy. Just follow the fitting instructions and prior to drilling, make sure you can open and close the door with them in place beforehand, so that they clear the B post when in the up position.
Also, when you fix the mounting block, remember to put the grommets in place before you fix the locking arm with the shear off bolt. Otherwise, you won't be able to get to two of the holes with your grommets after fitting the locking arm! (As I found out)
Once on, you only really notice them when you have them in the open/up position and you open the cab doors - they do look like big coat hangers placed in a funny position.
Having said that, I'd have them anyday over a chain and padlock as they look tons better and as for getting out quickly, you'd have them in the up/open position when you're in the cab anyway. If you're in the habitation area, how often would you exit via the cab doors (unless it's an A class?). I would recommend these.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Has anyone fitted these to their motorhome? Would you care to comment on fitting and use? Or do you use anything similar? Thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0074NWYLY/?tag=mhf04-21

My dealer, Morans of Ludlow are fitting them as a freebie to my new van which I will collect in April. They swear by them and I will report back once I've used them. (After the obligatory, though as yet unbooked, visit to Eddie VB of course).

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
only thing is the more locks you fit the more damage they do to get in especially if the vans at home as most will have removed the valuables like tv radio sat nave I pad.
there is only so much you can do to secure a motor home if they want in they will get in.
and if the dog doesn't get them I will if I am in the van
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have a key that fits every motor home that not got a good alarm ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• th[8].jpg
    th[8].jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 35

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
My van came with a huge Abus lock already fitted its a brute you'd have to rip the door off to get in.:eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back