Hi everyone as can be seen by my handle I'm a bowler (1 Viewer)

Len the bowler

Free Member
Feb 3, 2015
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato based motorhome
Exp
40+ years
I have a 2003 Fiat Ducato based motorhome but my dip offside lamp has gone and I am trying to replace it but to get the back cover off is a nightmare
I've sprung the two metal clips and have moved the plastic cover to the right but not far enough to get my hands in to change the bulb
Any advice would be most welcome

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Welcome Len.
Bulbs can be a nightmare, really difficult in some cases.
If someone arrives at the counter and asks for a bulb we ask "to take away or fitted" ! ... They can be really difficult to fit, can take half an hour to fit sometimes.

OP
OP
Len the bowler

Len the bowler

Free Member
Feb 3, 2015
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato based motorhome
Exp
40+ years
Half an hour would be great and I'm not bad a mechanic just don't want to break anything
But changing the subject how do I put a photo to my handle
Went to my profile then to avatar selected pic from iphoto confirmed but all to no avail

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Went to my profile then to avatar selected pic from iphoto confirmed but all to no avail

can't help with the lamp change but your avatar pic was probably too big .. try reducing the pixels per inch

"It is recommended that you use an image that is at least 200x200 pixels."

OP
OP
Len the bowler

Len the bowler

Free Member
Feb 3, 2015
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato based motorhome
Exp
40+ years
As you can see I resized my pic and hey presto
Wish I could do the same with my bulb
But thank you all for the welcome
From Sunny but cold South Ayrshire

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This has a description of how to change a bulb on a 2003 Ducato - you start by removing the headlight as advised above. On later models there is a bit of plastic scuttle trim above each headlight which needs to be prised off as well IIRC.
http://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/94223-change-bulb-ducato-van.html

Puzzled by your problem with the avatar, the new forum software is very tolerant of size - mine was 5MB and uploaded perfectly.

And welcome to the Friendly Forum...
TeddyGif4.gif

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome Len, I believe there is another bowls fan on here, his user name is "ilovebowls" you've got the start of a bowls meet there.

OP
OP
Len the bowler

Len the bowler

Free Member
Feb 3, 2015
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato based motorhome
Exp
40+ years
Thank you all for my welcome and Thank twice over DevonBeekeep that link sorted my problem of changing the Dipped offside Headlight bulb he was a bit optimistic at 10 mins to do the job but 30 mins no sweat it's so easy when you know how and my avatar was fine after reduction it was nearly 7Mb before as it was a RAW image
I now have to get used to moving around the site !!!!!!!

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi glad you got it fixed - I couldn't have helped anyhow, but welcome to the forum from Thebus Phoebe and Me :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
I have a 2003 Fiat Ducato based motorhome but my dip offside lamp has gone and I am trying to replace it but to get the back cover off is a nightmare
I've sprung the two metal clips and have moved the plastic cover to the right but not far enough to get my hands in to change the bulb
Any advice would be most welcome

Hi Len and welcome, I have taken all the bowls comments that this lot can throw so I am hoping that you are a grass and/or a carpet bowler. Me I'm all, you name it and ILOVE BOWLING!!!!!!

OP
OP
Len the bowler

Len the bowler

Free Member
Feb 3, 2015
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato based motorhome
Exp
40+ years
My main love is TenPin bowling but also enjoy green bowls its only local village stuff but good crowd and great fun, but the joy of tenpin is that a good ball is a good ball and not knock out by some lucky skip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back