Ferry booked for first trip to France EVER !! (1 Viewer)

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Great Stuff :) we're hopefully going to go this year which would be our first too, hope you have a great time :)

Upvote 0

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
You will love France they are "mostly" a lovely people and the country so friendly to motorhomes. (y)

ps: "mostly" = excluding Parisians and La Rochelle residents - they don't seem to be the happiest people in the world. :rolleyes:

Have a great trip :)

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You will love France they are "mostly" a lovely people and the country so friendly to motorhomes. (y)

ps: "mostly" = excluding Parisians and La Rochelle residents - they don't seem to be the happiest people in the world. :rolleyes:

Have a great trip :)

I find the French friendlier the further South you get.

A bit like the UK I suppose:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Enjoy!

One piece of advice though, aim to tour a small area. France is massive and trying to see too much at once will make it a road trip with very little relaxation!

Good luck!(y)

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just remember you will be holidaying over Easter so shops will be shut when you least expect it and of course traffic will be busier. I suggest find a good place and hunker down for Easter weekend and travel only on foot!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jaykay

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
Are you using the Aires?

We certainly plan to Sue, with the odd night here and there at a site maybe as well.

Our thoughts are that we want it to be pretty low cost so we can go fairly often so aires are the way to go on the whole.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just booked P&O ferry from Dover to Calais for the 29th March for our first ever two weeks in France. Very excited. :)
No other plans yet, apart from running down towards Dover the day before.
France = Motorhome Heaven
You will never want to use the van in the UK again.

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Good plan our first time I chose our first aire stop while on tunnel some I headed for some and others I stumbled across

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Keep away from Paris, find some nice riverside village aires, relax, enjoy our first time without much stress and get used to this motorhoming lark.
If you are looking for places to go, may I suggest turning right on arrival and heading down towards the Loire valley; I don't know what the weather will be like but the chateaus (sp?) and vine yards will provide an enjoyable source of attractions indoors and out.

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2013
Nuthampstead
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
since 2013
We did our first trip to France last year, and really enjoyed it. The roads are great, and easy to drive, and some lovely places.
We used France Passion, in between a few booked sites, which worked very well, and worth a look, if you have no plans.

Upvote 0

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We certainly plan to Sue, with the odd night here and there at a site maybe as well.

Our thoughts are that we want it to be pretty low cost so we can go fairly often so aires are the way to go on the whole.

Municipal sites tend to be good value but some may still be closed when you're over there.

Upvote 0

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Cant go wrong with France, our first MH adventure was fantastic - it surpassed everything we thought it would be - never planned in advance just drove from one place to another and late afternoon started looking for aires or nearest campsites - woke up next morning and did the same again until we ended up in Spain - hope your adventure surpasses everything you hope for too - safe trip and stay safe but most of all ENJOY the freedom of Frances great roads and scenic spots :cool:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Keep away from Paris.

Our first MH test run across the channel was Bois de Boulogne, Paris. Great. Due to getting there quicker than expected wife hit Paris at rush hour and I failed to load Paris satnav maps so she got to drive the back streets of Paris in rush hour in our first van we'd owned for 3 months.

Good restaurant ( where we demolished their best steak and litre of house red that night ), buss to nearest tube and it was a huge success.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back