Rally Chat Bristol Ballon Festival - Interest - Potential Rally. (2 Viewers)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
where I work I have a really good colleague, Terry who just happens to be the part time events organiser for Cotham Park RFC ------- He organises the motorhome and caravan bookings and parking at their rugby club where the field and surrounding areas (including bar and showers etc) are for their use and it's a 15 minute walk along the golf course to the balloon festival in Ashton Court. From there you can visit the whole weekend's attractions including the famous night glow - it really is a spectacle.

Now, he said today if I get enough interest he will 'block off' an area of 10-12 6x6m MoHo parking areas (we can choose the best) for whoever wants to get involved. The fiesta is between 6th - 9th August and believe me, parking for that is nigh on impossible with all the council restrictions and wild fees.

I have already booked us in for the entire weekend,,,,,,,,,, So,,,,,,, is anyone interested in this 'scheme'?

I did say I would get back to him pretty sharpish to let him know, as soon as the caravan club get a sniff this is kicking off it will be booked up due to its location/facilities etc,,,,,, last year was a nightmare to get in anywhere.

At this moment I am trying to ascertain if there is any interest - if so I will let him know - we will have to confirm (rigid) by May time, however if we don't book rapidly we could be left for cancellations only. It will require you booking in yourself, however if there is enough of us AND we want to be co-hosted in an area then Terry will ensure that happens. Chocks away.

Any interest?

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I am definitely interested but not sure whether have already booked some other meet... I will come back to you within 24 hours as I need to be near Bristol a lot this year. Thank you. Maybe should mention dates?

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Yes please a definite from us.
Think Cliffanger may be interested as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Good idea, but I think you might want a bit more than 6m length to the pitch, unless you want to make it very exclusive.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Do you have a price for it please?

The 2015 Bristol Balloon Fiesta will run from Thursday 6th August to Sunday9thAugust 2015. The charges are £12 per night pitch fee (pitch size is 6m long by 6m wide) which is inclusive of 2 people and 1 car plus a fee of £4 per night for each additional person over the age of 5 (please note pitches should be vacated by 1pm on day of departure).

Taken from the link above.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I'd be interested !
Would you take an old gold necklace as deposit. :wink:

Are dogs welcome?

Vlad

A gold necklace would be a nice gift, may even change my 'handle' to Goldfinger.... No, no, I must shut up about all that..... could be spy's in the camp.

Not too sure on the dog front, saw them at the fiesta but not sure on the venue - I'll ask Terry.

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We are a bit longer than 6 metres, we will just have to breath in..

Trikeman, do you want to do a list on this thread? Am I right in reading it's for 10/12 vans only?

Do we book and pay using the link above?

Thanks for organising this.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Would definitely love to come. Can you give us details of price and booking arrangements please.

Thanks
malcolm & Cathy

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We are a bit longer than 6 metres, we will just have to breath in..

Trikeman, do you want to do a list on this thread? Am I right in reading it's for 10/12 vans only?

Do we book and pay using the link above?

Thanks for organising this.

Hi Mousy,
not knowing how much interest there would be when chatting to Terry today, he just mentioned when I suggested a potential funsters rally - he said, not a problem, I will section off an area for 'your lot', 10 - 12 spaces OK?
If it is indeed larger than that then I will have to make him aware if we want to get together. As far as 'organising' is concerned, not been that far yet and I would suggest that everyone books themselves in via the link. I will let everyone know how your booking can be identified / what needs to go on there, but for now put FUNSTER on the form and I will let him know who you are. My only concern at this moment (without speaking again with Terry) is how many he can physically get together.

I will be seeing him tomorrow and as there is quite some interest here, then I will 'quiz him what limits 'rally' size. I am currently unable to say how many and where until the scale of this is realised. I know he did mention that if there is a requirement for several places together then they will need 'firming up' before May as there will be que's to get on the site.

There is one thing - no doubt their bar will take a bashing if the Funster galleries are anything to go by.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Just been reading the information on their site and a little puzzled as it states the dates as Friday 8th and onward, Friday is the 7th according to my calendar folks, o_O

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Just been reading the information on their site and a little puzzled as it states the dates as Friday 8th and onward, Friday is the 7th according to my calendar folks, o_O

Yep I noticed that too - dropped the Fiesta people a line to point out the error.:LOL:

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi there is
another thread for this on here for this we are very interested in attending 2 adults
thanks jan & mike.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Interested, but it might clash with the Retro Festival they haven't published their dates yet, also might get dragged to Thailand to visit daughter.:)

panner

Free Member
Jul 10, 2012
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Auto trail Comanche
Exp
3years
Very interested in attending what do we do next?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I've rallied on this field for the BIBF a couple of times and heartily recommend it. The only thing to be aware of is the trip on foot to the festival is hard work and not wheel friendly. From this site access by car is almost impossible due to the traffic queues.. having said that some years I have been here for a rally and not bothered visiting the balloons.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Very interested in attending what do we do next?

I would suggest that anyone who wants to attend should go on the Cotham Park website (link above) and get the booking form. Fill out the booking form and send to Terry with your cheque, and for now put FUNSTER on the form. I will see Terry tomorrow and let him know there will be forms with this on landing on his doorstep.
I will also confirm how many he can accommodate and I would suggest that whoever is going for sure to do this and as I am powerless to 'command' numbers, lets assume that the first to get their completed forms to Terry will be the first in line for a space in the 'Funster corner' - how many that can be is up to the site organisers - but so far we are potentially saying it's about 15. Terry will no doubt have to set a limit as other clans will be sending in booking forms. At this point I am unable to 'guarantee' that he can secure more. However, I will try my best tomorrow to secure as many provisional spaces as I can - he will call time once he has the maximum allowable. This is all assumption until I see him, but it will come down to who's booked and who hasn't.
Whatever happens if he can only get 12 together any others booked will only be a rugby pitch width away at worse. Hope this all makes sense.

I will report back tomorrow.

Trikeman. ;)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I've rallied on this field for the BIBF a couple of times and heartily recommend it. The only thing to be aware of is the trip on foot to the festival is hard work and not wheel friendly. From this site access by car is almost impossible due to the traffic queues.. having said that some years I have been here for a rally and not bothered visiting the balloons.

How long would it take to walk? Is it feasible to cycle? Thanks

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
How long would it take to walk? Is it feasible to cycle? Thanks

You have to cross the golf course so I expect cycling would be frowned upon. It is also very steep in places and can get muddy in the slopes in the wet. You can walk round a longer way probably about 20 minutes. I see cyclists on the lower section after the car park but the considerate ones get off and push because of the volume of people on the path.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for that. Can you see the balloons from the RFC?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back