Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
hi all
Just checked with camping and caravan for price at there Loch Ness site for the end of March worked out at £136. For six nights or if not a member it would be £197. Which made me think that's a bit steep any way checked another site again on the shores of Loch Ness and was quoted £120. Inc . so now I'm wondering what I'm paying membership for when there prices are nearly double I think I will be giving there membership a miss from now on

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
For me, I like the consistency, bit like any chain, may not be be the best but you know what you are getting no nasty surprises no matter which one you try.

Been to a few C&CC site recently and found them really helpful, that's not to say that a good run independent site is not as good, but we may stick with them another year

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Only keep my membership for forest sites & CS's don't do much in the UK since we changed to a Motorhome, also we qualify for half price membership this year.

You can save a fiver by having online only membership, no magazine.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Having used the Loch Ness Shores C&CC site last year I can thoroughly recommend it, as far as I am aware it is the only site with direct access to the shore of the loch and the drive there is very scenic (from the west).

Rgds
Bill

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Only keep my membership for forest sites & CS's don't do much in the UK since we changed to a Motorhome, also we qualify for half price membership this year.

You can save a fiver by having online only membership, no magazine.

How come? We've been members of both for years and keep threatening to drop one of them - can't say as I've seen anything about half price membership though...
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You qualify for half price subs as a Veteran member of the Camping and Caravanning Club if you:

a) have "year 26" or more on your membership card
b) have reached your 65th birthday

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi Toe toe, End of March and beginning of April is high seasons rates, £22 a night is not a bad price for C&CC. We were up there last year in July and August and it was a lot more. We used more CL's and Cs sites as we were touring.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They don't publicise the half price membership to qualify over 65 and 25 years membership.

Cancelled CC as don't like their sites & lot of the CL's now as dear as commercial sites and expect you to pay for EHU I don't need or want.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
dont forget the discount on insurance if a member of the club. plus if a member of the C&CC then RAC cover is cheaper and covers larger and older vans including on sites, which some other breakdown cover doesnt include

as above, weve been members for many years and prefer to use DA rallies and THS meets along with CL 5 van sites. makes for much cheaper holidays in the uk

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Am a member of both the major clubs but prefer the C&CC, primarily because as a solo traveller they work out cheaper than most sites and the age concession rate is another bonus.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Having used the Loch Ness Shores C&CC site last year I can thoroughly recommend it, as far as I am aware it is the only site with direct access to the shore of the loch and the drive there is very scenic (from the west).

Rgds
Bill

But tight as well if I remember correctly, am I ?

OP
OP
Toe toe

Toe toe

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
I don't get there pricing £197 less membership discount I then phone another site (Loch Ness holiday park )and get quoted £120 for same pitch and EHU and no membership fee I have been on Google Earth and its on the shores of Loch Ness ( Bill )
It seem to me that there no discount it seems a big jump from £120 to £197 for the same area

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we get the rac through the ccc. our m/home is now 25 years old. and they will recover but only in the uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back