Calling all guitar players.. your group needs you! (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
your-group-needs-you.jpg

Just to advise we have a recently started guitar group and need members.. :)

beginners and experienced welcomed .. (y)

Broken Link Removed to join

Reactions: Jim

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
That;s amazing Jim. Wish I hadn't sold my guitar now .... :( I was rubbish so gave up before I even started .. sulking now.

Are you REALLY gonna help new starters or is it going to be over their heads?

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Are you REALLY gonna help new starters or is it going to be over their heads?

yes.. of course.. that's the very reason to have a group so we learn from each other.. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh dear, wondering whether to contact ex now to borrow a guitar... mmmm. Would love to join.. will think about this one.. Thanks for the chance.

I have a problem with my left hand in that no top joint of little finger so can't reach certain strings.. a group like this might help show me a way round it.. I remember the guy who played a piano who had missing fingers .. can't remember his name ... and he became a professional.. :)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:whistle: Don't play myself Jim but would love to have advice for the Dozy (me) grandma who bought her grandson a classical guitar for Christmas forgetting he was left handed. Would a cure :( ............for the guitar :LOL::LOL:
or instructions be forthcoming if I joined????????????

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:whistle: Don't play myself Jim but would love to have advice for the Dozy (me) grandma who bought her grandson a classical guitar for Christmas forgetting he was left handed. Would a cure :( ............for the guitar :LOL::LOL:

Hi Wildge ... there is a Funster .. sorry can't remember his name ... but not only does he have a left hand guitar .. his guitar is UPSIDE DOWN .. stringwise. talk about confusion... but he plays really well .. so I would hope you find a solution. :)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A great ideas, what type of music, where and when

at the moment we are just an on-line group with no fixed plans yet, but we will hopefully get together up at a Fun meet or show in the future .. .

I guess any genre of music .. old, new, rock, pop , classic rock, country, folk .. . you name it .. :cool:

join the Group and have your say :)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

It depends on whether the guitar has a 'compensated' bridge. If it is identical both sides, the strings can be swapped over so that it's played the other way round.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Despite having lessons when I was a kid, I am to guitar playing what Dame Margot Fontaine was to oxy-acetylene welding. :(

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
well here is the drummer ( no need to feed or water) can add other units :)

OK so now just the vocal auditions now.........NEXT!

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Great response, thanks to all who have joined today and contributed.. (y)(y)

Harrers

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
C class lowline
Exp
Since 2011
. I remember the guy who played a piano who had missing fingers .. can't remember his name ... and he became a professional.. :)

I seem to remember that Russ Conway had a finger or at least a bit of one missing.

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Yeh jim and for me dont play too good hands knackered any body around me wants to borrow guitar to see if they like it quite welcome ive got 16 I still like looking at them regards steve

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
H
Yeh jim and for me dont play too good hands knackered any body around me wants to borrow guitar to see if they like it quite welcome ive got 16 I still like looking at them regards steve

Haha! Beats me I have got 8 ,bought so many til I found one that had the sound I was looking for..expensive hobby..

Teddyj

Free Member
May 10, 2013
St Neots
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Fantastic idea Jim, please add me to the group. I only have 4 at the moment, 2 acoustic,1 electric and a yam guitalele which I'm not that keen on.
Ted

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Fantastic idea Jim, please add me to the group. I only have 4 at the moment, 2 acoustic,1 electric and a yam guitalele which I'm not that keen on.
Ted
you don't need me to add you, but since you have asked so nicely I've sent an invite :)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
can I join I am totally tone deff and have been told that I have as much chance of learning to play than Winston Churchill has of rising Frome the dead so I think that's ferly good odds
bill

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
was thinking abut it but it wouldn't be fare on the weeman as he is not allowed on motorhome fun now so I wont bother
bill
Oh bill ..... I would miss my little man :( Can you not post messages on his behalf? What are the rules? As long as you say this is a message from Jay there should not be a problem should there? I don't know and would have to wait for Jim Leader to explain the rules ... but either way I know that little Jay is loved by so many of us .. Aunty Joy would love some support from him on playing the guitar .. I am RUBBISH at playing musical instruments and will need to start from scratch.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Oh bill ..... I would miss my little man :( Can you not post messages on his behalf? What are the rules? As long as you say this is a message from Jay there should not be a problem should there? I don't know and would have to wait for Jim Leader to explain the rules ... but either way I know that little Jay is loved by so many of us .. Aunty Joy would love some support from him on playing the guitar .. I am RUBBISH at playing musical instruments and will need to start from scratch.
he told me to change my mind you don't need me holding your hand you might learn sum thin he says
so I edited original post

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Just joined. Guitar player for 40 years. Mainly finger style. A bit of a folkie really so like "wooden" music. Can't get to grips with this new fangled electric stuff! Play in the church band and also at the local folk club. Would like to have more guitars (have 4), but wife operates a "one in, one out" policy. I don't know how you "many guitars" people get away with it!!

Also trying to play saxophone.

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
had about 22 at one stage sold about 6 for better quality ones does not look quite so many sneaked one home this week, still cant play much good though regards

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
don't know who guys get away with it... I've been rationed to just two !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back