Bom dia from Messines, Algarve, Portugal (1 Viewer)

camperstop messines

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Sao Bartolomeu de Messines
Funster No
MH
Sold it, not happy
Exp
Since 2008
After several visitors from the UK telling me about this community it's about time to join and see what's going on in the fun motorhome world. We have been touring Europe in a motorhome for little over a year, with zero motorhome experience. We enjoyed it so much, and loved the atmosphere among the motorhomers, so we decided to settle so where nice and start a motorhome parking. Easier said then do e, but after 4 years of burocracy we were able to open up a motorhome parking in the beautifull Algarve, Portugal. We now run a quit, secluded motorhome parking, away from the crowds in a still undiscovered part of the Algarve where people can enjoy the peace and quite of rural Algarve.if you love hiking, atb and want to enjoy local cuisine (goat, wild boar) this is an excellent place. No limited cramped areas, but plenty of space to watch the birds from you motorhome.

After one year of business we are sad that we do no longer have the time to travel in a motorhome, after having lived in it for 5 years. But we enjoy the stories of our visitors and feel privileged to live in a beautifull place and be surrounded by fellow motorhome friends every day.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Hi,
Can you post co-ordinates or Google map location please.
Do you have a website ?
Thanks for posting.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
May I suggest to the original poster they should pay and join so we can all ask questions on this stop.

My information says no electric at this camper stop, is this so?

Reactions: JJ
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hope to call late April/early May. Welcome!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

.. I've been trying since yesterday to nail this place down Brian.. .. can't see it on G maps (unless it's so well hidden under the trees) and the Bing map on FaceBook gives a different side of the road.. again, it can't be seen.. https://www.bing.com/maps/default.a...ty=r&rtop=0~0~0~&mode=D&FORM=FBKPL6&mkt=en-GB

I gave up in the end..
a link to the Gmap from the OP would be good..

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
try in camperstops Broken Link Removed
more information and photos although slightly different coordinates

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
try in camperstops Broken Link Removed
more information and photos although slightly different coordinates

yes, I tried these co-ords.. see yesterday's thread Broken Link Removed

with no success..

has anyone actually seen the location on GMaps .. if so please can you post the link.. ?

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
We can definitely recommend CAMPERSTOP MESSINES, GPS N37degrees 16'45.9" W8degrees 14'29.8"
Lat 37.279829 Long 8.241638
The owner is a very helpful & friendly guy who speaks perfect English ( as most Dutch people seem to).
We were there about 6 days ago and really liked it.
Fantastic if you have a dog & enjoy walking.

Deleted User
Perhaps the satellite views on google maps are old, taken before anything was built. Just a thought.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Can highly recommend this site - we arrived there on 13 December and are still there! Google map images are not up to date and as the Camperstop has only been in operation for over a year you cannot see it on satellite images. Google street view cameras are filming in the area so perhaps it will be updated
soon.

No electric (yet) on site but we have managed perfectly without. Hot showers and very clean toilet facilities. Fantastic walking country with little or no traffic.

Kath

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello head duck.jpg

Hello!

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Hi Mike

Yes, that's the one, it's a few hundred yards along that road on the left hand side.

I know I said in my original post that we arrived on the 13 December and are still there - we have been out and about every day! In fact we went to see Champers (John and Cath) today.

Kath

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We can definitely recommend CAMPERSTOP MESSINES, GPS N37degrees 16'45.9" W8degrees 14'29.8"
Lat 37.279829 Long 8.241638
The owner is a very helpful & friendly guy who speaks perfect English ( as most Dutch people seem to).
We were there about 6 days ago and really liked it.
Fantastic if you have a dog & enjoy walking.

We didn't realise that you were Funsters! I recognise your dog from the avatar now!

Kath

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Thank you Kath (y)

I think that google street view must have been taken some years ago as the palm trees up beside those buildings on the right are no longer there - have had some bug that kills them - as we saw them burning the trunks a few weeks ago.

Kath

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back