LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Have you compared the costs if you order directly from ACSI? I haven't but I do wonder if the price rises are due to ACSI or Vicarious Books. Or is the latest rise due to the £ / € disaster?:cry:

I'm waiting for my ACSI book from Vicarious Books at the moment - I ordered it a week last Friday (I think!) and they are sending it over to Spain for me. I haven't had the usual " your order has been despatched" email yet either!:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Well be warned a lot of motorhome accessories are SHOOTING UP in price at the moment due to euro exchange rate. somthing like 25% UP

So if you are in the market for expensive stuff, now is the time to buy it as once our old stocks have sold out we wont have any option but to increase just like everyone else will have to

Peter

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Had an e-mail from Vicarious Books which included the following statement.

DIV P { MARGIN: 0px } EURO RATE
Unfortunately the weak pound has caused the price of imported books to rise dramatically this year.

kevandmarg

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Colne, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
acsi card

I ordered my ACSI book and card from vicarious books using the FUN DISCOUNT code giving a 5% discount which takes price below £10. Not much but made it less than last years when I paid for postage as well.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Well be warned a lot of motorhome accessories are SHOOTING UP in price at the moment due to euro exchange rate. somthing like 25% UP

So if you are in the market for expensive stuff, now is the time to buy it as once our old stocks have sold out we wont have any option but to increase just like everyone else will have to.
Peter

Surely this has more to do with the weak pound though and not an actual increase at cost? In other words, what i'm saying is the actual cost price or wholesale cost to the dealer is still the same as before.......just that it's costing the dealer a bit more to buy in (if buying goods outside the uk) because of the weakening pound. In which case it won't really be costing the dealer.......just the customer.

At which point many simply start looking elsewhere.

I remember reading a thread on here by a poster who had just returned from holidaying in the US where he saw forecourts 'choc-a-bloc' with RV's, prices slashed to rock bottom till they were practically giving the damn things away. Also of course, shedding employees because they could not afford to pay them.

I'd say at this moment in time it's most certainly not a sellers market......but definately a buyers!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back