Reich e box and control panel (1 Viewer)

bertie burstner

Free Member
Jan 28, 2015
worthing, west sussex
Funster No
MH
burstner hi top
Exp
20 years
We have an argos 748-2 2006 model, and are having major problems with the e box and panel. The e box blew and has been repaired and seems to work but the control panel isnt working. When the box blew the panel read electronics overheated. Now nothing is working on the control panel. We cant use the van as the step was down when the problem arose, and still cant move it. Has anybody had any problems like this and if so what did they do.Any info would be so much appreciated

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
BUMP
There are usually loads of replies to this sort of question by now, I can only guess it hasn't been seen???

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
@JeanLuc seems to be switched on re eboxes, try a pm ?
Clutching at straws, but have you tried changing the battery in the control panel ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
click on "inbox" on the header then click on "start a conversation" then go from there !

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
We have an argos 748-2 2006 model, and are having major problems with the e box and panel. The e box blew and has been repaired and seems to work but the control panel isnt working. When the box blew the panel read electronics overheated. Now nothing is working on the control panel. We cant use the van as the step was down when the problem arose, and still cant move it. Has anybody had any problems like this and if so what did they do.Any info would be so much appreciated
Hi,
Will need more info here I guess.
Very difficult to offer assistance without looking and examining the unit.
You say " the box has been repaired"? Did the repairer not leave the job completed...(Ie). All systems working.
If not, why was the unit repaired in the first place?.. Who diagnosed it faulty?
Sorry can't offer further assistance, but very difficult to know from the synopsis given. May be prudent to have someone (auto electrician) have a look at the van.

OP
OP
bertie burstner

bertie burstner

Free Member
Jan 28, 2015
worthing, west sussex
Funster No
MH
burstner hi top
Exp
20 years
The e box overheated, had it sent off to a firm in wales, and had it repaired. The control panel at the time stated that the electronics had overheated. Had the repaired unit fitted, replaced the battery in the control panel. now the control does not work, and the fridge, and the main light in the van which is on 240v not working. The repaired e box is showing is charging the batteries

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds a similar problem to what we had and I've just detailed in a pm to you :)
How can you tell the batteries are charging if your display is not working ? See my note about max a/h for the unit as I see you have mentioned "batteries" in your post, you don't want to overload the charging circuit again. Wish they had just fitted a few simple switches and circuit breakers, it's over complicated in my view (y)

OP
OP
bertie burstner

bertie burstner

Free Member
Jan 28, 2015
worthing, west sussex
Funster No
MH
burstner hi top
Exp
20 years
we have used a meter that is showing that the batteries are charging up. however not 100% convinced that the e box is working as have said that the control panel is blank , even after a new battery fitted, anfd the fridge and lounge light not working on the 240v

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry I don't know about Reich Eboxes; my knowledge (such as it is) is restricted to Schaudt Elektrobloks (and older ones rather then the latest versions at that).

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Sorry I don't know about Reich Eboxes; my knowledge (such as it is) is restricted to Schaudt Elektrobloks (and older ones rather then the latest versions at that).

Bugger, was getting my Eboxes and Elektrobloks mixed up :(

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Just pm'd Bertie a link to A&M's site JL, great minds and all that (y)
Seem to remember something about an automatic setting for the lounge light, which may prevent you switching it on, but you can't alter that without a working display and doesn't explain your fridge problem. Will check out my manual in the morning.

OP
OP
bertie burstner

bertie burstner

Free Member
Jan 28, 2015
worthing, west sussex
Funster No
MH
burstner hi top
Exp
20 years
off to bed now, thank you to everyone for your help, another day tomorrow and hopefully a solution!1

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
From what is written in the link JeanLuc posted above this is a useless bit of kit. My sympathies are with OP as it sounds as if he needs to spend some serious money getting it upgraded. I won't therefore make a joke about the Third Reich if he gets it repaired again.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
From what is written in the link JeanLuc posted above this is a useless bit of kit. My sympathies are with OP as it sounds as if he needs to spend some serious money getting it upgraded. I won't therefore make a joke about the Third Reich if he gets it repaired again.

Wasn't that one guaranteed for a thousand years ? :D

AndyRiff

Free Member
Apr 10, 2016
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos A747-2
Exp
Since 2014
Did you get this sorted?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hope so:Eeek: It was January 2015:doh:
Its annoying and maybe ever so slightly selfish, but many don't come back with the solution once their problem is fixed, it would help no end if they did.
In the Motor trade we often search owners forumsfor clues when stuck with a gremlin like fault that all the diagnostic kit in the world cant find,
they are worse because after reading pages and pages and pages mostly dribble but some describing exactly what your experiencing, the owner eventually comes back and says
"Thank you all so much for all your help its now sorted"
Bl**dy Hell I could Kill Em
Geo

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi there did u get it sorted as I have same problem and really need to get it sorted as soon as

Doesn't look as if he's been back on this site since Feb '15, so no help there I'm afraid. Have you had your e box off for a repair too, or is it the display that's not working ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back