Cheap Motorhome (2 Viewers)

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
:):)I know it's a tall ask but my daughter is looking for a Motorhome/camper van she has only a small budget of around £3000 has anyone come across anything reasonable for that budget

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
There's a few on the preloved website www.preloved.co.uk
As an example, there's a 'Minnie Winnebago' for £3,995 ono.

Not much at 3k though.

As you know, with anything of that price, you'd have to be careful that there's no damp or serious mechanical defects, won't pass MOT etc.
Also, be very wary of scams. If you see something for 3k that looks too good to be true or its being released as a quick sale by a soldier in Afghanistan, walk away!

It would be a shame if she bought a load of trouble and it tainted her first MH owning experience.

Not sure how your daughter is fixed financially? Judging by the budget of 3k probably not flush! BUT, if she has a car, she could always part-ex that, lump 3 grand on top and buy/use a decent small camper as her regular vehicle.

Just some thoughts. Hope you don't think I'm prying. Hope this helps?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
do you know what size, how many berths ?

there are a few on ebay around that price, have a search.. look for something local that you can go and see before making any offer.. usual caveats with buying a second hand vehicle..

as said above.. be careful not to buy a load of trouble.. or get caught with a scam..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glyndwr

Free Member
May 11, 2014
Abergavenny
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
since 1984 Chausson atm
How big does she need it , for around that price you can pick up a reasonable VW T25 but will be petrol and usually high mileage , they are a great little starter van though if all in order , it will have a rock and roll pull down bed (converts rear seat ) grill , two gas rings and a wash basin .

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Mine cost me 2k. Look at van conversions on eBay.. stick to the classified ads and as above, go careful. Only thing I disagree with is the keep local thing.. there are parts of the country where they don't sell as well so be prepared to travel for the right van but equally be prepared to come away without one of it isn't right no matter how far you've travelled.

OP
OP
TheDentons
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
They had a t25 but now have a young child we know the budget is small and there is allot of bad vans out there just thought I would post here somebody may have come across something

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
There are transit conversions that are good value but probably only any good at 2 berth, sprinters are good and if they are looking for something a little bigger the old vs t25 can look good although I can't comment on quality etc as never owned one.

You have to watch out with the self builds that they have safe travelling seats if taking more than 2 passengers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back