Decided it was time to subscribe (1 Viewer)

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
Hi, found this clubsite last year and like a twit did not subscribe to get 100% info from site so did the right thing last week.
Well I really can't believe how busy this site is compared to other online motorhome club sites.
I have already booked in for Malvern, just checking finances for Chester and Peterborough as need to be in mid wales for April 23-27 for Wonderwool. Any spinners, weavers or crafty people out there.
So hopefully getting out soon.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Hi, found this clubsite last year and like a twit did not subscribe to get 100% info from site so did the right thing last week.
Well I really can't believe how busy this site is compared to other online motorhome club sites.
I have already booked in for Malvern, just checking finances for Chester and Peterborough as need to be in mid wales for April 23-27 for Wonderwool. Any spinners, weavers or crafty people out there.
So hopefully getting out soon.
Best MH forum on the net bar none.
Like you I frequented others, but this is the best by far.
Enjoy the fun and happy motorhoming.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hello Daisie and Welcome to Fun.
I must check out Wonderwool. I'm a very amateur crafter---needle felting, candle and soap making and trying to sew!

August Babk Holiday there's a meet in North Devon at Ilfracombe. If you check through the Rallies list you'll see it'll give you plenty if choice for the year.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome Daisie :hi:

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Well done, you're in exactly the right place (y) enjoy and learn from the best (definitely not me :whistle:) they're all here. :) Welcome Daisie.

OP
OP
Daisie

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
Hi
Thanks for all your welcomes.
For the "Crafty " people I belong to Ashfield Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers. We are a fun loving crowd of people ladies and a few men. We are fleece hypocondriacs, most of us buy raw fleece and prepare for spinning
ready to use, we have soppy (learning) days at members houses, well really classed as training days or summerschool projects.. So long as there is cake (and a table of food) we get motivated and do get quite a bit done. I am hosting the dyeing day, which means lots of pots and boilers and whatever you can get your hands on. We have a felting day at Annes, a fleece prep at Janets, and more, so somehow need to get some camping in aswell. I have not been to Wonderwool before but I am camping for the weekend for £20. not bad.
ps, yes I do have a hubby he just tags along, but is very good at at prepping th van and maintaining it.

Attachments

• DSCF3879.JPG
    DSCF3879.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 9

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to Fun, sounds very creative and interesting :welc:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello Daisie, Welcome to the group.

May I pick your brains please?

Do you have a good contact number for wool for felting ? It is so expensive and I am sure there must be a good supplier somewhere that isn't so. Many thanks. Joy x

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello head duck.jpg

From another duck.

Check out the "groups" section for special interests. If there isn't a crafty one (and I haven't looked) then start one! I'll join as I sew, knit, crochet. make jewellery, embroider, tat and will have a go at most craft related things.

OP
OP
Daisie

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
Hi
first where roughly do you live
second are you on RAVELRY if not join for free, worldwide internet club
third do you have any spinning guilds near you people always have fleeces for sale cheap or give away.

OP
OP
Daisie

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
hi
looks like we might be at Dorset rally so if I remember will bring a bag of unwanted wool you can use for felting. Do you felt with bunny fluff.
Have you been to Fibre East show in June nr Bedford. The college has its own farm and you can get a whole fleece for about a £1, otherwise you could pay over the top.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hello Daisie and Welcome to Fun.
I must check out Wonderwool. I'm a very amateur crafter---needle felting, candle and soap making and trying to sew!

August Babk Holiday there's a meet in North Devon at Ilfracombe. If you check through the Rallies list you'll see it'll give you plenty if choice for the year.

You're too modest, that poppy went down a treat!(y)
(and if you do more there are people at my work who would be pleased to contribute.)

OP
OP
Daisie

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
SNOW!!! Took 1 1/2 hrs to get from Bakewell to Matlock yesterday , had been to National sheep Association day.
was fine when we arrived no problem within an hour lucky to get out, Took 3hrs eventually to do a 40mins drive, some drivers just panick and need some practice 5mph was not neccasary, but must admit bus in front slivered all over the place on parts of the route, stopped at Matlock Bath for fish and chips and let the clutch cool down,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back