Guide for travellers, Whats the best thing to see near you? (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
15 minutes from the City of Chester with its Roman Walls lots of history, canals, a river and park and one of the only Aire type parking on the Roudee Car a Park 5 mins from the centre Chester. Better still join us at Easter on the Fun Rally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
20 minutes west and you're in the centre of beautiful Edinburgh, 20 minutes east and you have beaches and golf courses. (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
30 mins from Pendle Hill. We go up their sometimes to see the mother in law. :)

Naughty corner again Tootles! My Mum's family are from that area. ;)

Best things near us? The views, the quiet, the neighbours. Otherwise the Border Castles (Hume, Floors etc) the Abbeys, Lindisfarne, Kelso, Melrose, Berwick...... then there is The Southern Upland Way, the end of The Pennine Way, various long distance cycle rides...... too much to list to be honest.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
50 minutes from Hull for the ferry, and with a mixture of camping cheques, and the caravan club we have booked 5 trips this years, and hopefully another 4 more .

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Glad to see the sense of humor back! Family tradition is that one of them was indeed a witch.

Mum says her vacuum cleaner needs a service after she took it out last time. (she's too modern for a besom)

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
One minute from the pub and twenty seconds from a fantastic beach

image.jpg

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
This is the perfect thread for me as I'm planning my UK tour starting next month. Keep em coming, maybe with a few specifics for us delinquents that are not well travelled in the UK (embarrassed!)

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
20 mins from highest waterfall (half as high again as Niagara) in England and Wales.

Dick

, post: 1275341, member: 32350"]20 mins from highest waterfall (half as high again as Niagara) in England and Wales.

Dick[/QUOTE]
Forgive my ignorange but where is that?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
, post: 1275341, member: 32350"]20 mins from highest waterfall (half as high again as Niagara) in England and Wales.

Dick
Forgive my ignorange but where is that?[/QUOTE]

Pistyll Rhaeadr is an enchanting waterfall in the Berwyn Mountains, just inside Wales, west of Oswestry and Shrewsbury.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks tootles (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Good place to park in woods. Aunty Liz's house in Sandringham estate. The small roads around have loads of bays. That's Queen Elizabeth to non royals. Her house is worth seeing too!
Nice place, but the roads in summer............................................:eek::eek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
15 mins for the centre of Hull which has many free museums as well as 'The Deep' massive aquarium and penguins ...

15 mins in the other direction from the market town of Beverley which has many independent shops and city 'gates'.

45mins (approx) from Hornsea and Withernsea villages on the coast, Spurn point is probably an hour away, then a bit further is York with it's medieval walls and lovely shopping areas and buildings including an old street called "The Shambles" with original overhanging houses where you can reach out of the upstairs bedroom on one side and shake hands with your neighbour reaching out of his bedroom opposite, there's also the Railway museum too for all those old 'little boys' to play with the choo-choos!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
15 mins for the centre of Hull which has many free museums as well as 'The Deep' massive aquarium and penguins ...

15 mins in the other direction from the market town of Beverley which has many independent shops and city 'gates'.

45mins (approx) from Hornsea and Withernsea villages on the coast, Spurn point is probably an hour away, then a bit further is York with it's medieval walls and lovely shopping areas and buildings including an old street called "The Shambles" with original overhanging houses where you can reach out of the upstairs bedroom on one side and shake hands with your neighbour reaching out of his bedroom opposite, there's also the Railway museum too for all those old 'little boys' to play with the choo-choos!
I used to like visiting that Victorian gun battery just outside Hull, on the Witherensea road.....They had a real Beverley aircraft parked in a field. Is it still there??

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Not that far from Stratford, Warwick, Kenilworth, Coombe Abbey, Kingsbury Water Park, Ryton Pools, Rugby, Sutton Park, all sorts of places including Broadway, Moreton in Marsh and thence the Cotswolds proper. Not a clue about motorhome parking, sorry - since we go in the car if/when we go! Ditto with Ironbridge, the Black Country Museum or Ludlow/Bridgenorth, Bewdley, Leominster etc. All lovely for a day or half day out though. Ooh - and Tamworth, come to think.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Minxy Girl - you haven't even mentioned York Minster - or the walks atop the Walls!

Changing location - we really enjoyed the tram museum at Crich - BIG hill up to it though - we were on one of the bikes when we went there, just another rideout so again clueless about M/H parking. But surely any of these places, if you ring the local Tourist Info or council, would be able to tell you?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
15mins from 7 beaches including an international surfing venue
15 mins from a wildlife and Dinosaur park
20 Mins From Arlington Court, Challacombe Manor
45 mins from Tapeley park
out of that lot the best for me would be Arlington court, ancestral home of the Chichester Family, Sir Francis, Gypsy Moth etc., and also the national carriage museum including the gold coronation coach.

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Does any one know of the places not published and where to park up. Cheep beer, best local chips. The inside knowledge that locals know. I have loads of places to park large motor homes that take years of finding. Could get a good collection together

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back