Free tv (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
today there are a couple of threads on here about tv , my mate lives in Portugal and gets all his tv through the android TV box what we were discussing a while a go , free, tonkas the expert on that one, but having an old nexus 7 lying about , thought I would see if I could get it to work on that, and found after a lot of googleing a ap called kodi , so downloaded it , then you have to download other bits called add ons the one I have found works the best is ilive, on this you can watch all the premiership games live although some of the commentary is foreign.
You can also get sky sports 1,2,3,4 and five , live just been watching the cricket in Australia on sky sports two.
Now, all this is free but as you would guess it's not entirely free of buffering and sometimes stops altogether but other times such as the cricket this morning plays faultlessly, you can also get live TV but havnt tried this as obviously we have live TV here at home.
Also hundreds of films even new ones, watched fury and the new inbetweeners on it .
Now the big downside will probably be how good your wifi is if not at home , havnt tried this yet but as I said my mate gets all his tv through it in his house in Portugal.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
2mb minimum download and 1mb upload or for good quality 6mb down and 3mb up. This will "hog" the wifi network, so watch out who you tell you are using it.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Mobdro also very good for TV and S Sports.
Try Showbox for film and tv shows, android app that works through wifi. Excellent selection of latest films :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
2mb minimum download and 1mb upload or for good quality 6mb down and 3mb up. This will "hog" the wifi network, so watch out who you tell you are using it.
Yeah , I did say I was only useing it at home, as is my mate in Portugal, and no idea how well it works on other wifi, I have roughly 6/3 and as I say it buffers on this so I wouldn't think it works too well on less, but for anyone who wants to watch the footy for free, at home without paying for sky or bt sport, worth a go.
Btw have tried the normal tv channels since my op and they work fine.
I have also bought a chromecast dongle and I can transfer the android tv onto my main tele, this works brilliant.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Yeah , I did say I was only useing it at home, as is my mate in Portugal, and no idea how well it works on other wifi, I have roughly 6/3 and as I say it buffers on this so I wouldn't think it works too well on less, but for anyone who wants to watch the footy for free, at home without paying for sky or bt sport, worth a go.
Btw have tried the normal tv channels since my op and they work fine.
I have also bought a chromecast dongle and I can transfer the android tv onto my main tele, this works brilliant.

They work well on any wifi network in any country as they are not locked to UK system, so the likes of BBC iPlayer work well etc. Enjoy

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So you only get a good picture watching sports no one else wants to watch? :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Think you are joking but it does seem that way, I can watch Stoke games no bother but Man u (spit) or Chelsea games seem to buffer more , might be just how it's happened but suppose the stream does get diluted , can that happen?

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
today there are a couple of threads on here about tv , my mate lives in Portugal and gets all his tv through the android TV box what we were discussing a while a go , free, tonkas the expert on that one, but having an old nexus 7 lying about , thought I would see if I could get it to work on that, and found after a lot of googleing a ap called kodi , so downloaded it , then you have to download other bits called add ons the one I have found works the best is ilive, on this you can watch all the premiership games live although some of the commentary is foreign.
You can also get sky sports 1,2,3,4 and five , live just been watching the cricket in Australia on sky sports two.
Now, all this is free but as you would guess it's not entirely free of buffering and sometimes stops altogether but other times such as the cricket this morning plays faultlessly, you can also get live TV but havnt tried this as obviously we have live TV here at home.
Also hundreds of films even new ones, watched fury and the new inbetweeners on it .
Now the big downside will probably be how good your wifi is if not at home , havnt tried this yet but as I said my mate gets all his tv through it in his house in Portugal.

I've searched for Kodi but lots seems to appear. Is there any particular one I should install? ----------- Just found and installed it - how did you add Ilive?

Rob

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Broken Link Removed
Have a look at this link, all the gen on there

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
All up and running, well pleased, many thanks.

Rob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back