Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Ring Aurora they are excellent & come with everything you need including a totally automatic box of electrics.

Upvote 0

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
IMAG2001.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
DRLs are very bright white light much more so than your standard fitted lights making you much more visible in the daylight hours over normal lights.
it's now law that new built cars have to have them.
it's not required to retrofit them tho.

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
And fitting unfiltered led lights pointing directly into the eyes of oncoming vehicles makes no sense to me. I'm continually annoyed and frequently caused to slow down because I can't see properly. We need to have a lights test like some continental countries and plod need to get better at dealing with badly lit vehicles.

If you are fitting them, please make sure they go off when it's dark at the very least..

Upvote 0

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
And fitting unfiltered led lights pointing directly into the eyes of oncoming vehicles makes no sense to me. I'm continually annoyed and frequently caused to slow down because I can't see properly. We need to have a lights test like some continental countries and plod need to get better at dealing with badly lit vehicles.

If you are fitting them, please make sure they go off when it's dark at the very least..

The law requires that when headlights are turned on they must be of reduced power NOT turned off. Anyone fitting them should buy a small box of tricks that does that exactly that. There are lots of cheap kits out there but they scatter light not direct light. Worth spending out on a kit from a reputable manufacturer such as this Broken Link Removed which includes all the relays and controls.

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
DRLs are very bright white light much more so than your standard fitted lights making you much more visible in the daylight.

Which means oncoming drivers' eyes are "pulled" to your vehicle and away from the cyclist they are about to run over.

I think these things are a serious error and time will show reduced car bumps and increased cyclist/pedestrian accidents.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I agree. I'm completely fed up with car/van drivers that have a headlight adjuster on their dashboard but just don't use it, preferring to blind all those with the temerity to drive either in front or behind them :cautious:(n):cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes
Also as you can see in my picture above they DO NOT dazzle. They are full brightness at dusk and would not photograph if they did.
X250 connections. plus one to earth and one to headlight harness.
CA_01051514571345-XL.jpg

A daylight picture
CA_01231517433250-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Yes
Also as you can see in my picture above they DO NOT dazzle. They are full brightness at dusk and would not photograph if they did.
X250 connections. plus one to earth and one to headlight harness.
CA_01051514571345-XL.jpg

A daylight picture
CA_01231517433250-X2.jpg

Damn.. because of that photo I just ran over a small child that was playing in the road...

Seriously though, they look grand. They will help with being seen, will reflect off damp roads and ice giving possibly more warning than without them on a winter's morning and... Most importantly .. are down low enough not to dazzle most oncoming motorists.

I was harsh before but I genuinly feel more enforcement is required around lighting. Crap design of modern cars, crap maintenance of new and older vehicles and badly thought out vanity modifications make driving at dusk or night lethal and the trend for DRLs is stretching that into dull days as well.. I suffer badly with dazzle at night to the point where I have had tests done on the light sensitivity of my eyes. These came up as normal (probably the only part of me that is) so others must suffer as badly as me.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back